Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 07 silverado bcm replacement
07 silverado bcm replacement

3312 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-01 14:37:08

•   Level 4   
    (138) points
    erichurd
    2015-05-22 12:21:36

I've got a 07 1500 Silverado 5.3 that's needs a bcm, I plugged a used one in and it starts and runs now but has a air bag light on and no communication with air bag module, same thing with tps I'm figuring that its not configured right and needs to be programmed, I just need to know if a used bcm can be programmed to match this truck or do I need to get a new one and can this be done with the maxisys pro through the g-m web sight thanks

Tags: PRO

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-22 20:46:20 (Reply to:erichurd)

yes you can flash a used one thru gm site  even tis2000. then go to bcm/special function/module setup. it is also a good idea to program vtd even if the vehicle starts to avoid future issues with theft security. tpms needs to be reprogram as well. 2 ways to do it either go to bcm/remote control module/tpms and set it up or simply turn key on press lock and unlock assuming the fob works until the horn sounds, start taking air out the  left front tire slowly until you hear the horn sound again then work your way clockwise around the vehicle until all for horn sounds are complete. this bcm will fit many gm trucks from 03 to 07 all having different options so for sure it has to be flash for the specific truck or .some features may not work correctly or at all. good luck

•   Level 4   
    (138) points
    erichurd
    2015-05-25 06:29:18 (Reply to:ede65)
     thanks for the help I got on the g-m site and followed the steps and it worked perfect I now have communication with the other modules, I wasn't able to reset tpms due to 1 faulty tire sensor and I still need to do a crank position variation learn for a code po315 but other than that everything is working, thanks again for the advice I'm glad to see your back -- o yeah I used the g-m 6.01 I still have not up dated and by looking at all the other post I don't think ill be doing that for a while

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-25 08:37:32 (Reply to:erichurd)

Glad to help. On the tpms this sensors sometimes go into a deep sleep, retry the
    procedure it may wake up. Spend a little more time on that wheel taking air out slowly
    until you hear the horn sound then continue with the rest. Regardinng crank relearn
    make sure the brake s/w works and follow all requirements or it will fail. Good luck
    buddy.

•   Level 4   
    (138) points
    erichurd
    2015-05-29 04:18:54 (Reply to:ede65)
      finally had time to work on it again, ran the crank relearn and was able to get it on the first try, couldn't bring tire sensor back to life and the customer wasn't concerned about it so I'm sending it down the road thanks again for all the help

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-01 14:37:08 (Reply to:erichurd)

no problem glad to help. if your interested in tis2000 software let me know by email. good price and I can configure it to just any passthru device. its best with an mdi though original or clone don't matter.
  Total1 Pages