Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > MS609 Won't read ABS on 1998 Mountaineer...
MS609 Won't read ABS on 1998 Mountaineer.

2091 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-02 12:07:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Galane
    2015-06-03 17:07:43
    I've updated it with the latest bin and dtc files and it claims there are no codes stored in the ABS module on a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer. The ABS light is on and the scanner at an Auto Zone store said it has codes C1230 C1095 and C1102.

I changed the front hubs and ABS sensors and was expecting to be able to use this MS609 to erase the codes to see if they'd come back, but it claims no codes and will not erase them.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Marc

2015-07-02 12:07:07 (Reply to:Galane)

Hey Gelane, I feel for your frustration as well...

I am having the same problem. For an older model, the MS609 appears to be MISSING a lot of vehicles, specifically in the ABS diagnostics tool under auto manufacturers.

If it's an older model (MS609), it should already HAVE OLDER MODEL car manufacturers in its library. They say SINCE 1996 ...

Anyways, I emailed, filled out a technical online form AND just called them (and waited on hold until phone system made me leave voice message).

Is it really this difficult to get updated files to the MS609 for ABS diagnostics for vehicles of late models WHEN THE BOX SAYS SINCE 1996??!!

If these products are going to be for sale, these Old Models as the Autel website puts it, then they need to provide better support and software updates!

PS Yes I already updated my MS609 from the Support area. The update just does not include enough vehicle coverage in the ABS diagnostics.
  Total1 Pages