Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > how do i reset the service due on a 2011...
how do i reset the service due on a 2011 audi q7 3.0t

3138 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-04 21:31:55

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    checklight
    2015-06-04 10:35:02
     I go through the process with the scan tool.... maxisyspro and it say the service has been reset but it will still say service due on dash

•   Level 5   
    (225) points
    Bobtech8

2015-06-04 11:04:24 (Reply to:checklight)

Can you just go through the MMI ? 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    checklight
    2015-06-04 11:48:17 (Reply to:Bobtech8)

From my understanding the MMI only resets the oil change interval... not the big services like the 55,000 mile service... which is why the dash says service due in the middle of the gages. while the MMI says oil service has been reset. with a little searching on the internet ive found on some audi forums that the only tool to get the service due reset is the VAG-COM... really wondering if the maxisys can perform this task...... the forums say they have to go to the dealer aswell to get the service due off.... I know it sounds confusing .. maybe ill have to take some photos

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-06-04 14:37:48

On those vehicle there are three types of service reset.................

1) Is Oil Change Reset
    2) Is Time Based Service Reset
    3) Is Mileage Based Service Reset

Make sure you have resetting all of them if one of them is still not reset the warning light will not go OFF.................

Hope This Helps........................

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-06-04 18:09:07 (Reply to:checklight)

works the same as recent VW's I guess so yes indeed pick all channels or use service option and make sure you reset all 3 as Ashraf mentioned.

also, I have experienced that I had reset all data in km. and then still needed it to do in miles (even though the car used km.) to get it working... might be solved in current version of the software but if you experience problems you may try it.

bit shady about when it just works in 1 click (resetting all channels by service option) or when this won't work and you have to go through channel setting yourself

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    checklight
    2015-06-04 21:31:55
     ok thanks for the info, it is starting to make sence. ill give it another go. Why make these resets so confusing.... just more knowledge to pack inside the brain :) but once its done ill have mastered that speed bump for the next go around. 
  Total1 Pages