Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Autel's lack of support on dodge/jeep/ch...
Autel's lack of support on dodge/jeep/chrysler models

8858 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-20 15:51:38

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-20 19:26:03 (Reply to:Vosperboss)

Hi I don't know which tool your using, you didn't mentioned it  but the maxi-sys has no issues at all diagnosing abs on Chrysler vehicles. I have done a lot of pt cruisers all years and nada not a single complaint , have not tried the latest release yet but until 3 days ago no problems of any sort.  if is the 708 then I have no idea.    best regards.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Vosperboss

2015-06-21 10:09:08 (Reply to:ede65)

Hi, I have been using AL619 to try and read the ABS codes.  I got exactly the same symptoms as Jay - I get 'The selected function is not supported' on trying to read an ABS code.  But I can recognise the ABS ECU and can erase the codes.  The support team accept that it should work on Chryslers of this age, and got me to reload all the software - to no avail.  They are allegedly trying to get hold of a similar car to test it themselves. But there are a lot of comments on Chrysler forums from owners who have found the same thing - so it is not just Jay and myself!   Meanwhile I had to arrange diagnosis of my car through a dealer who had a Bosch scanner. I know Chrysler changed their software architecture in 2006.  It is a shame as the scanner appears good - but not for vehicles of this vintage from the Chrysler-Jeep stable. Thanks for your interest.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    jay
    2015-06-21 15:35:39 (Reply to:Vosperboss)
     There is no problem with the vehicle's ECU as suggested in earlier post....got a friend to borrow another brand of tester from where he works(OTC if I remember correctly) It had no problem connecting and it found an open in front right speed sensor....a few minutes with ohm meter and test light narrowed it down to the harness section from wheel well down to the wheel. Noticed a little excess play in wheel bearing so changed hub complete with new sensor and harness. ABS light now out. Thanks OTC!

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-22 07:32:01 (Reply to:Vosperboss)

yes you are correct.  sorry I was not aware of the tool you were referring to, but  yes I read the same thing. hopefully gets fixed though. good luck

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    jay
    2015-06-26 11:10:36 (Reply to:jay)
     After trying for three months to get this tool to work as advertised on a 05 jeep ABS, countless calls to tech support and taking the ongoing lack of solutions right up to M. Miller the technical support director for North America I am done! Miller wanted to merely go through the exact same steps that had already been tried and failed to solve problem including gathering info and sending it to the "engineering" department(aka the recycling bin?)

The company continues to advertise that the tool will work for Chrysler products and the people at the tech support confirm this. Clearly this is not the case, one has to look no further than these forums to see the widespread issues people are having. To continue to advertise the tool will work on Chrysler models while knowing full well it does not in my opinion constitutes deceptive advertising and as such I will take my concerns to the government consumer protection agency.

Only two solutions from my perspective
    -Autel release working software package.
    -Autel provide me with a model that will work as advertised.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Vosperboss

2015-07-11 03:33:56 (Reply to:jay)

Don't despair - although I was a little angry in my replies posted above, the Autel support people have been working on this fault and sent me an advance version of some updated software.  I have induced some ABS errors on my PT Cruiser 2005 - and it now seems to read them perfectly on my AL619 (as well as erase them).  Hopefully this updated code will get released publicly shortly - but all credit to them for working on, and fixing, this software fault.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-07-31 20:00:21 (Reply to:Vosperboss)

Things like this are why any shop should not be dependent on only one scan tool especially when it is aftermarket. It does not matter what scan tool you own autel-snapon-otc or any of the numerous scan tools that are appearing on the market nowadays. Ultimately shops should be equipping themselves with factory scan tools.

•   Level 4   
    (115) points
    jfoj

2015-08-08 04:51:41 (Reply to:mitch)

"Shops should be equipping themselves with factory scan tools", um I do not think so.

OBDII, ABS and Airbag systems have been standardized for a reason, at least the communication protocols. There can and may be some manufacturer specific issues to sort out, I know less about ABS and Airbag, but OBDII is very straight forward.

I agree that more than one tool should be available at most shops, at the same time, having may manufacturer tools is cost prohibitive and from the users stand point very difficult to deal with the many user interfaces and ways each tool works. Unless you are a shop that "specializes" in a specific manufacturer, I would not even consider a "factory" tool either new, used or from a 3rd party.

The problem we have here is it appears Autel is not a US company, has very poor presence in the US and is trying to deal with a global market. They are dealing with language barriers, time zone differences and probably have no solid technical staff located in the US.

I know other non US companies that make tools that I have been very happy with, do not know if they have the same Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler issues, but their support from the tool and technical staff has in fact been very good.

This may be an Autel thing as they seem to either want to reverse engineer things more so then paying the money to properly license what is needed.

Overall it appears the Autel products are pretty good, but they seem to be more Prosumer products than Professional products. I was very disappointed when the MaxiDAS would not support OBDI even though the unit came with the OBDI adapters, seems that they just do not want to fully support their products and they are having legal and licensing issues. Kind of not the way to run a company that wants to stick around and stay committed to their products.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    jeepjk515

2017-02-18 09:29:45

Chrysler makes it difficult for people who can't access a factory scan tools.  Aftermarket scan tools just don't work well with Chrysler.  

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    robertschroeck

2017-03-14 02:24:53 (Reply to:jay)

hello, just curious if your concerns were ever fixed, even though it is march 13 2017,  i have the same version software which seems odd, but with a little fudging with disconnecting two connectors under the back seat, which are tightly fastened, this may help you see that more than likely the d/s rear sensor is shorted.   please reply even if you do not have that vehicle any longer, as i am interested in seeing how you fixed it, i am using a maxidas ds708.
    thanks
    bob
  Total3 Pages