Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Brand new VAG505 will not communicate wi...
Brand new VAG505 will not communicate with 2004 VW Beetle Airbag system. Website says there is an update available, but nothing links to the update. Looking for help with both issues.

2316 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-16 03:45:49

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ccmsg
    2015-06-09 09:47:33

My wife's 2004 VW Beetle has an airbag light on. After reading about the problem on VW forums, the VAG505 was the recommended device to diagnose the trouble codes. I bought the VAG505, and tried it out this past weekend. The first issue I came across was the screens in the manual, do not match the VAG505 display, made for some confusion. I did get the VW scan to run, when done it showed a fault with the airbag system. I tried to read the fault, the VAG tried to reconnect to the Airbag system, and failed to communicate. I have retried several scans, and each one has the same result, it will not communicate with the Airbag system.

I would also like to know what the secret is to getting an update the website says is available, there are no active links to get the update.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ccmsg
    2015-06-09 10:26:29 (Reply to:ccmsg)
      I finally found a working way to get the updates, I found an old SD card adapter that fit my laptop, and am downloading the updates now. As far as I know I still need assistance with the Airbag system, unless this update fixes that.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ccmsg
    2015-06-09 13:48:23

Problem resolved by successful software update. Now back to the VW forums to get fix info.

Thanks for all the help.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-06-16 03:45:49 (Reply to:ccmsg)

That's great. Thanks for your information! You can also write to support@autel.com to get timely help if it is urgent.
  Total1 Pages