Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Opel (Vauxhall) Astra G service reset an...
Opel (Vauxhall) Astra G service reset anyone did this?

3977 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-28 09:32:18

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-06-21 10:52:25 (Reply to:Matronix)

glad it worked corsa c service reset key off press trip in dash clocks button next to fuel guage together with the brake pedal and hold them turn on ignition insp will flash for 10 seconds and will be replaced by xxxxx km indicating the next maintenance interval release trip and brake pedal turn key off  try this hope it works

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    selwyn001

2015-06-24 14:35:38 (Reply to:porsche)

Hi my tech 2 does it with no proplems the maxisys does not read the cluster at all, the
    opcom also does it ,y don't the maxisys.

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-06-25 14:44:48 (Reply to:selwyn001)

this is something support needs to look at maxisys  works on some opel Vauxhall models and not others I always try to reset manually I find it way faster  I reset a service light on a astra h today with maxisys and it worked  just to see I hope support is looking at this opel Vauxhall has a lot of problems

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-06-27 15:13:58 (Reply to:porsche)
     Astra H no problem, Astra G and Corsa C are problematic. With the tricks given you can work around it, but I don't want to remember these tricks for all kinds of cars ofcourse. It is not the biggest problem and certainly not the most important but they should fix it together with the other issues. I have mentioned it to them several times in past months.

We know now how to work around it (thanx for the tips), others with maxisys may not, that is what strikes me most; if an issue is known and like this, not that hard to solve (they had it working before in MaxiDas), why not take care of it within a certain time limit. This is not to complain too much about Autel, they do a good job, but it's just those little things that can me such a big difference (service reset is used really often).

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-06-27 16:39:09 (Reply to:Matronix)

service reset is very important for all makes  if you cant do it with your diagnostic tool it makes you your staff and your business look like you do not know what you  are  doing so please autel look in to this for all makes    very very IMPORTANT    this is why people come to or    business

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-06-28 09:32:18 (Reply to:Matronix)

just to recap on service reset reminder a few weeks ago I had a Mercedes c180 in for a full engine service and a good look over the rest of the car so when the work was done  my tech pluged  in the maxisys to reset the service reminder reset done ok  ten mins later customer was back in work shop with a red face and not very happy so I put the maxisys on the car done a service reset moved car five feet service reminder back on by this time he is standing next to me like a jackhammer so I asked my tech to try another diagnostic tool TEXA seconds later job done  so just to say service reset is very IMPORTANT if we cant do a easy service reset the customer wont trust us with the techy work
  Total2 Pages