Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 4 tech support gm versions 7.20 and prev...
4 tech support gm versions 7.20 and previous missing ?

5325 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-31 04:54:05

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-23 05:38:41

For the above functions listed, we have checked it with our engineers one by one. Please refer to our reply:
    1. new bcm set up or set up new bcm 
    -> This function hasn't covered all GM vehicles at present. For the remaining vehicles, it is very difficult to develop. But we have schedule to complated the remaining on V8.5 in around Nov.
    2. All gm vehicles misfire graphics, diagnostic circuit check and ABS programming on Saturn
    -> This function is scheduled for development in the later version, about in end of Nov.
    3. Data display from on star system on most vehicles, 
    -> After checking, this function is available for 90% vehicles.If any one has such problem, please contact support@autel.com.
    4. Radio Set up
    -> It is not available in some vehicles, because it is difficult to develop these vehicles. We have schedule to develop it in Nov.
    5. on medium truck no communication with gmc 1998 to 2002 deisel 6.5 L engine
    -> For these vehicles with old protocol, we will consider to develop after do the field test.
    6. need the option of additional dtc information with the specific dtc
    -> We will improve it in Oct.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-23 07:44:47 (Reply to:Autel Support)
      never mind support this tool is perfect. don't change anything. the more you guys take away the better this tool works. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-23 09:20:05 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I would like to upgrade from a DS 708 to a Maxi Sys after I hear and see across the board that good progress is made for other makes including GM .Maybe  Autel could  partition  the tools and have a start up option to boot up tool in the prior version  of software for all the  makes.
       You tube video proof of before and after fix of certain issues, being able to restart tool and quickly archive and use the earlier software versions to compare if we have gained or lost functionality on the tool would be a great addition, especially for Beta Testing .Hope good things happen.

As for our favorite contributor on this Forum ,you just can't keep a good guy down :-)

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-27 04:49:14 (Reply to:ede65)

1. Vehicle Control System: Actually it is just function integration for several systems, which is similar to Auto-Scan. 

1) Like full scan all systems and read codes, it is the same with vehicle dtc information;

2) Module ID information, it has been put under each ECU sytem;

3) Module Setup, it is called Special function in our software

4) class 2 message, class 2 power mode: The two functions havent been developed, and they will be available in Dec as our schedule.

2. As for the new layer out, we will add a search box to improve it.

3. Module ID: we will improve this function in our version V8.0

4. chevy medium truck diesel 6.5L no communication problem: we will compare it with the previous version and solve in Sep.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-27 11:41:15 (Reply to:Autel Support)
    GREAT

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    jburrows

2015-07-28 15:21:14 (Reply to:ede65)

Good observations very dissappointing to lose so much in what is an "update". Keep
    the input coming I just datalogged the missing dtc menus "codes not run since
    cleared" as well as others you mentioned.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    jburrows

2015-07-28 15:24:26 (Reply to:ede65)

Good observations very dissappointing to lose so much in what is an "update". Keep
    the input coming I just datalogged the missing dtc menus "codes not run since
    cleared" as well as others you mentioned.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-30 05:02:32 (Reply to:ede65)

1. Are the two functions "class 2 message and class 2 power mode" very important for vehicle repairing? Do you need the two frequently?
    2. Module ID has been removed under each system ECU information. You can find it there.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    jburrows

2015-07-30 22:36:13 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Yes they are very important to ping modules and see data bus communication. As
    mentioned they use to be there and I still have them on my older software on my
    ds708. Also dtc not run since cleared and others mentioned in posts are very critical
    for accurate repair. They are still in earlier versions not sure why you removed them it
    makes the tool less useful and makes all of us fearful to download updates. The
    factory tool has these for a reason and the updates to the maxisys and maxidas has
    taken them away, please put this back asap. Thank you

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-31 04:54:05 (Reply to:jburrows)

Thanks, jburrows, we will add class 2 message, Class 2 power mode back to V8.0 in August. 
  Total2 Pages