Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > beta testing software by techs before re...
beta testing software by techs before released 4 support

3446 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-14 04:34:16

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 19:49:08
        support I think all this software should be beta tested before being released on the server , not afterward by us, as you have doing so far. there should be a few  techs in every country you sell your tools to, beta testing this software on the actual vehicle it self , not on a simulator or a bench or by just checking the software coding, or what ever it is you guys are doing over there. i really believe this should be done asap in order to decrease/diminish  the amount of human error and the frustration that it brings to all of us, and  will ultimately destroy this tool and our faith in it. hope you consider this idea soon ,as well as my previous ones ,or at least meet us  half way. thank you best regards.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-10 01:23:56 (Reply to:ede65)

yes there is far to much that doesn't work or is missing that should be there.

i would be willing to go out of my way to test just to help make a good machine great i understand you have engineers in Germany right now but what you need is people that are in individual country's giving real feedback.

also if the maxisys was fixed to the way it should work i would willingly pay double for it. come on support the problem wont go away on its own we need a reliable tool you need us or you have no jobs.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-10 07:23:56 (Reply to:busaman)
        I don't know buddy German engineers are smart, this looks like the work o a German shepherd to me. I offered  to pre-beta test a couple of years ago but with no answer,  I don't know if in fact this software are being tested on actual vehicles but if they are then who ever is doing the testing should be fired as well as he or she obviously does not know. there is no reason or purpose to be releasing a dozen bad software, a mayor one  every  3 or 4 month  should be enough, but tested to work 100% before released , this is a waste of human labor and engineers time, among many other things i rather not say. they have not replied to anything, hopefully thinking about it and not ignoring me cuz I can go for month and years to come, am just warming up here. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-10 12:11:14 (Reply to:ede65)

Lol that's funny no I meant the chinese shepperds have been flown in to germany to
    test vehicles.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-10 18:05:51 (Reply to:busaman)
     oh ok,  sorry buddy i don't know what I read  or was thinking of.. 

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-07-12 04:15:38 (Reply to:ede65)

I do agree that we see too many times that updates bring us into trouble. Functions we relied on are missing and new functions simply not working. Also descriptions are vague at times (if you create the software, you know what it does, we have to guess at times). The software seems not to be tested that well, not at all or only in software simulations. I am not opposing software based checking, if that would be suitable to a real good testing situations but in practice we see it is not all the time. You would need some people with access to a broad range of cars to help you testing before releasing the updates. If that means collecting it in fewer but larger updates, that's fine.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-12 10:20:25 (Reply to:Matronix)

i think they need to concentrate and fix what we already have and forget the new stuff for the time being, as most non dealerships(and they have OEM tool) never see a car until the warranty expires normally 2-3 years so for most up to 2012 is fine.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-12 10:46:13 (Reply to:Matronix)
      I don't think anything is being tested on vehicles and if it is then not to the extend that it should. the results are obvious. just yesterday I was working on 2004 chevy medium truck diesel, the instrument cluster was replaced and it needed to be  flashed . before flashing we need the part number in order to choose the correct calibration number, well it was no where to be found, as well as other modules and functions ,also got a vin decoded error when I tried to auto id this truck, so it needed to be done manually. I had to then pulled out the tech2 to id the cluster. but what if i din't have a tech2  like many don't, well just loose another customer like some already had and will continue to, if this is not fixed quick. yes the beta tester chosen should have a broad range of vehicles to test. this is hard work and I also think this testers should be compensated for their work. autel makes lots of money with this tools so why not allow its testers to have free updates. for those interested in doing it for free are welcome as well but to be honest if i have a few vehicles to work on ato make my living, am not stopping to test anything, it will be when I have time, so i may not be a good candidate for this testings not to mention that I have already done so for 2 years or more. but will see how autel reacts and then will act accordingly. regards.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-12 12:03:23 (Reply to:ede65)

Ede I do agree to what you are saying...........But, one has to be an experienced an person to carry out the software testing and not any tom dick and harry do this testing job.....................So that they can give a good feed back with the missing things and bugs, one has to know what the Original software has and what Autel software is missing........

According to me you have been doing a very good job (Bravo) I can understand your feelings as when you take your time testing the software and give them all the feed backs and yet there is NO improvement..................you have full rights to get upset................I have experienced this in a short time since I have also been sending them lots of data log files and also tested few beta versions but yet when new updates are released it has the same problems.....................Just tested new Honda Software and it still mismatches fault codes and i have again done data log files but, now I can't send them the files as Autel server is down so, I can understand how you are feeling.....................

There is a saying...............You have removed your cloths and have dived in swimming pool no mater if water is clean or, dirty you still have to swim to come out of the pool............In that way we have already bought this tool we have to go with it now no mater how many data log files we send to them its up to them to look after they tool if they want to stand in market they have to work hard  to improve this tool and bring it back to what it was when first released...................if not,than in the long run Autel will be the losers............. As many people out there are now thinking twice before buying any Autel Tool..............Buy it or, NOT to buy after reading all this mess about this tool in an open forum here..........................Very sad.............

To Autel & Support Team,
    Autel its still time you should think about it.................I  would say Autel is very luck to have users like us, who take our time and efforts to send you data log files so, you can improve the tool's ability and stand in today's market as number one tool.............So please don't let this chance go away from you..................

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-07-12 13:27:48 (Reply to:Ashraf)

ASHRAF very well put. I feel you have expressed the feeling of most of the users of this tool. All we want is a decent functioning tool so we can do our jobs. All this software BS should be fixed before we get to download it.  I feel the tool was at its best when I first bought it. Now I'm afraid  to update not knowing if things are going backwards. We all put our money and faith in autel. I hope it wasn't a mistake
  Total2 Pages