Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > dont flash f series bmw
dont flash f series bmw

4650 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-31 21:51:24

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    Supertech

2015-07-24 10:13:20 (Reply to:johnthedon)

40 amps charger is not suitable for 7 series BMW to do programming it required clean power 90 amps,
    When do any programming any module it also necessary to do I-level all modules in that group and some time can take up to 5 hours to complete,
    When programming CCC cooling fan also necessary underneath dashboard to help it to cool off.

Forgot to mention always test battery before to perform programming any module.
    Use direct cable connection when perform programming DO NOT use wireless connection to perform programming.

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    johnthedon
    2015-07-24 12:07:01
    I sent the data log. I guess we all agree I have the wrong charger. Would I get a better charger and reflash or is this thing toast already

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-26 18:28:17 (Reply to:johnthedon)

The voltage can not drop....You should either use a Midtronics unit or a much cheaper but very reliable powermax pmb75amp voltage regulator... It will keep it at a toasty 14volts... and it wont drop........If your voltage drops during this flashing sequence you can definitely cause module corruption.If you use progman it will definitely warn you before  any module flash,replacement,or coding the vehicle must meet all required parameters before initiation...Keep car on flat surface,the radio must be off, car must keep consistent 13.6 at all times..If the software senses that the voltage is not correct it wont allow the process to initiate.The module may be faulty.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-26 18:31:24 (Reply to:Bobtech8)

Dead on point Bobtech!....It wont start  without voltage correct....Battery chargers are too loud and inconsistent  and most are warned not to use them when flashing ....

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-26 18:36:34 (Reply to:ede65)

Yes ede65  they are veeeery sensative....and I share  a ex.I good BMW tech buddy told me another tech dropped a tool in the shop while he was flashing a car and the freaking reverb from the noise  stopped the download....The car had to be completely reflashed...each and every module...took 9 hours...I was like wooooooooe!! Now they use a separate bay that,s closed off on other side of shop thats quiet to flash..Very tricky stuff lol...

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-26 20:14:18 (Reply to:johnthedon)

Thanks for your cooperation. Our engineer checked your datalog and it is not related to the DME programming. Seeing from the datalog, the SZL module didn't respond, maybe it is damaged and needs to get replaced. Before replacement, please try the following two step: 1. Please get the whole car power off and check whether SZL unit can get response or not; 2. Please try initialize Flexray Bus. If this unit still can't get response, I am afraid it has to be replaced.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-07-27 02:42:10 (Reply to:johnthedon)

Dear johnthedon:

Here is my recommendation, for this type of car I recommend to use a charger not below 90A, as some user already recommend.

I use this one and this is great: http://www.gys.fr/prod-029071-13/Chargeurs_de_batteries/GYSFLASH_100-12_HF/fr

If Maxisys failed to program, try to do it with J2534 Box, from BMW website, it's only 6€. 

I think that the ECU that control  steering wheel controls and windshield wipers is JBE. 

Once I had a very similar problem. I had replaced with a used JBE and the problem was solved.

This unit is located under the glove box.  I just replaced and have done programming and coding.

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    johnthedon
    2015-07-28 11:17:19
    i am very thankful for all the responses the customer took the car to the dealer.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-07-31 21:49:25 (Reply to:912guy)

I tend to think that was more a matter of coincidence

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-07-31 21:51:24 (Reply to:Pedro)

That looks like a very impressive unit
  Total2 Pages