Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > What is the level of coverage on a Ford ...
What is the level of coverage on a Ford 7.3 diesel with the Maxisys ms905

5874 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-25 19:34:41

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    ggrrrrrrrooowwwlll
    2015-08-04 21:07:33
       I have a DS708 that the updates are expired on, and I do not plan to pay for an update. I was considering upgrading to the MS905, but after taking my tool rep's demo, I see that with v. 5.00, there is still no coverage for the 7.3, I could not even find cyl. contribution tests, cyl cutout tests, or anything even related to diesel period.  Under functional tests, it has idle air control valve, (gas), and spark advance (gas) and one other, that I'm sure wasn't related to diesel. Anyone use the MS905 for ford 7.3? This is most of what I need a scan tool for, I work on a LOT of them and my ds708 didn't work and I don't want to spend another 1900 for a tool that does not have the functionality that I need.  I'm looking for all of the functional tests that are available with the 6.0 it worked great on that, but not it's predecessor?  Doesn't make sense. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Could you please tell me your vehicle model and year? We need the specific information. Thanks.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2015-08-06 11:59:20 (Reply to:Autel Support)

AUTEL HAS UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES! I HAVE VERSION 9.13 FOR THE MAXIDAS DS708. BEFORE THIS VERSION I USED TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD FORD DIESEL FUNCTIONS BUT NOW THEY ARE COMPLETELY REMOVED. HOW FAIR IS IT THAT I PAID FOR A ONE YEARS WORTH OF UPDATES THAT ONLY LASTED TILL JAN 1 2015 AND MY UPDATES WERE NOT SCHEDULED TO END UNTIL MARCH 27,2015. DURING THAT TIME AUTEL DID NOT RELEASE ANY UPDATES UNTIL APRIL 2015. HOW ABOUT A REFUND OR GIVE ME 3 MONTHS OF UPDATES THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR. I FEEL LIKE AUTEL STOLE MY MONEY. I WOULD ALSO LIKE FOR AUTEL TO ALLOW ME UPDATE MY DS708 WITH MY FORD DIESEL FUNCTIONS I USED TO HAVE BECAUSE I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR THEM ONCE UNTIL AUTEL REMOVED THEM. I HOPE ALL OF US ON THIS FORUM READ MY POST TO SEE WHAT KIND OF COMPANY AUTEL REALLY IS. HONEST OR DISHONEST!!! FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY I DON'T SEE THEM DOING ANYTHING FOR ME. THIS IS WHY I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANY MORE UPDATES. I CALLED OUT ALL THE PROBLEMS WE WERE GOING TO HAVE WITH AUTEL RIGHT BEFORE THE MAXISYS CAME OUT. IT SEEMS I WAS RIGHT FOR THE MOST PART. THE ONLY THING THIS COMPANY CAN DO TO SAVE ITSELF IS DO THE RIGHT THING. RETURN ALL OF THE MISSING FUNCTIONS THEY INTENTIONALLY REMOVED AND STEP UP TO GIVING THOSE OF US PAID FOR UPDATES AND NEVER RECIEVED ANY!

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
     Is for any ford 7.3 psd from 96 - 04

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    After checking, at present, we can support the following vehicles of 7.3L: Cargo,E-Series,Excursion,F-650 / F-750,F-Series,F-Series Super Duty

Under Auto-Scan-> Diagnosis-> Control unit-> PCM-> Read codes, there are the following function:
    KOEO(Key on engine off) On Demand Self-Test,
    KOER(Key on engine on) On Demand Self-Test,
    KOEO(Key on engine off) Injector Electrical Self Test,
    KOER(Key on engine on) Glow Plug Monitoring Self Test,
    KOEO(Key on engine off) Output State Self Test,
    KOER(Key on engine on) Cylinder Contribution Self Test,
    KOER(Key on engine on) Switch Self Test

As for you mentioned "cyl. contribution tests, Cylinder Cut-out test", I am sorry 905 can't support these active test at present. 

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
      So no injector kill or power balance for the 7.3? I still have my ds708, is it capable of these functions?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Sorry, the two functions "injector kill or Power Balance" not supported yet. 

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2015-08-11 09:15:45 (Reply to:Autel Support)

THANKS FOR COMPLETELY AVOIDING MY POST!! THIS DOES NOT SURPRISE ME AT ALL WITH YOUR COMPANY. I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER ON THESE FORUMS SINCE MARCH 2013 AND YOUR COMPANY NEVER RESPONDS TO ANY OF THE ISSUES I BRING UP. I CAN SEE WHY EDE65 LEFT OR IF I AM WRONG REFUSES TO HELP YOUR COMPANY ANY MORE. I HAVE ASKED HIM FOR HELP IN THE PAST AND HE IS A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE TECHNICIAN. I LIVE IN PHOENIX AZ AND OWN MY OWN SHOP. WE HAVE SEVERAL PARTS HOUSES THAT SELL YOUR PRODUCTS AND FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS I HAVE TOLD THEM NOT TO LET ANY INDIVIDUALS OR SHOPS INTERESTED IN YOUR TOOLS NOT TO BUY THEM. I HAVE SHOWN THEM THESE FORUMS AND ALL OF THE ISSUES WITH YOUR TOOLS AS WELL AS THE LACK OF SUPPORT AND NO RESPONSES TO ONES QUESTIONS. I HAVE ADVISED THEM TO LOOK AT LAUNCH PRODUCTS OR OTHERS BUT DEFINITELY AVOID AUTEL YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!  THE PARTS REPRRESENATIVES I DEAL WITH HAVE BEGUN ADVISING THOSE INTERESTED AND ARE SHOCKED BECAUSE A YEAR AGO THESE TOOLS LOOKED LIKE NO ONE COULD MATCH THEM AND NOW WE ARE ALL LEFT HOLDING WORTHLESS BRICKS!! ALSO THANKS FOR CHARGING ME FOR A FULL YEAR'S WORTH OF UPDATES AND I ONLY RECIEVED 9 MONTHS WORTH. YOUR WORTHLESS COMPANY ROBBED ME OF $700 AND DOES'NT EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO AT LEAST RESPOND TO MY ISSUES.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-08-25 19:34:41 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

Hey LividMax, I think that leaving your caps lock on is a Capital Offense in China and replying to a Caps lock poster is kinda like aiding and abetting a Mellon .
  Total1 Pages