Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > How to replace a PCM on Chrylsers??
How to replace a PCM on Chrylsers??

2797 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-21 23:35:51

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    pbrow1
    2015-09-12 09:49:54
     This week I just bought a new Maxisys Pro and I can't rewrite the VIN on a PCM replacement.
    I also have an older Maxisys and it is really simple to rewrite the VIN.
    On the new device it does not give me that option, even if I turn the key off.

Is this because of new software? Why would Autel remove the most useful feature on this device?
    Can somebody give me a walkthrough so I can complete my job.
    Most of my work is on Dodge Caravans or similar 2003-2010 ish, with used PCMs.
    Thanks.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-12 18:16:48 (Reply to:pbrow1)

If  you still have your DS-708 with older software and know for a fact the feature works , and you don't get an answer from support  how to find and perform the VIN rewrite procedure with the Maxi Sys Pro, or the procedure is listed but not supported or fails;upload a datalog! Please post a You tube video of your search and failure to find or perform the Chrysler VIN edit/ rewrite function on the Maxi Sys Pro and demonstrate your success to do it with the DS 708 with older software, and post the You tube link to it, Thanks!

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    pbrow1
    2015-09-12 20:58:11
    That's a good idea. I will document it next time.
    My tools are actually both maxisys pro's. One is brand new and the other is old and hasn't been updated. Ive done countless vin rewrite /PCM swap jobs with the old one.
    The issue with the new software is that if you turn the key off before checking the vin the tool says there is no connection. If you leave the key on and hit check vin it says the vin is valid even if it does not match the vin on the other modules.
    Is there a work around??

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-14 04:12:13

Hello all, could you please provide us some VIN codes for our analysis? As you said, the old version can do it, but newer version failed, did you test the exact the same car?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-14 04:14:39 (Reply to:pbrow1)

And also the function of rewriting VIN to new module, you can find it under Engine.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    pbrow1
    2015-09-14 18:33:34
     Hello Support,
    I don't have the vin anymore. I believe it was a 2008 Dodge Caravan.
     I performed the working procedure on the exact same car with no modules changed. The only change was I used the older Maxisys. And it worked instantly. The pathway to access the module in the software is exactly the same on both devices. The only difference is there was no option to rewrite the vin using the new software.
    It seems like this function has been removed from my new device. Is this true?
    Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-15 04:44:25 (Reply to:pbrow1)

Sorry, after double checking, there is something wrong with the previous bug to test this vehicle. We will release a new version soon to correct it. 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2015-09-18 16:45:10 (Reply to:pbrow1)

yes all this functions were removed. ede65 posted the procedure on the forum a couple of times and as a result the function was removed on all latest software. chrysler version 4.0 does it without an issue. 2 ways to do it though as ede65 posted. one is the way you described it and the other way is by going to bcm/wcm/ misc function or special function then click on pcm replacement. you will be prompted to enter a pin code but if you exit out of that then it ask if you want to change vin, just follow the prompts and your done. this procedure is also not available on the latest software updates. many other vehicles have the same issue as well. do a google search on a kP-819 and the ck-100, you will find this tools  will take care of most of your immobilizer needs. good luck.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-21 23:35:51 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I  searched  CK-100 programmer and able to watch some Chinese made You tube videos. You can order one from China, but  Is there anyone here in the USA that uses one often and can say if it's any good or not. AES wave doesn't sell them here in the USA yet
  Total1 Pages