Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac
2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

2675 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-18 16:23:34

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    grimler auto
    2015-09-15 16:28:11
    Hello,
    I have a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that I replaced the computer.  I have tried multiple times to program the keys with no luck.
    I have done the parameter reset for the IC.
    I continually set the P1260 code.
    Any ideas of what is wrong?
    Thanks
    VIN -- 1FMEU31K97UA77668

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx

2015-09-15 20:49:22 (Reply to:grimler auto)

I take it you tried erase and program and not add additional keys??? Have to do erase old keys. I'm Ford tech and encountered this before. so either your trying to add additional keys, or you have a problem with your pats transceiver circuit not allowing keys to be programmed. Since it's pretty simple, plug in old pcm and c if you can erase and program keys, and if you cant then you know it's pats issue.p1260 is just a code saying no keys programmed that tried to start the car.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    twomikes

2015-09-15 21:17:59 (Reply to:grimler auto)

You have to program the PCM to the truck. The VIN is the handshake. Perform a new PCM installation, then run the PATS function.You will probably need two keys to complete the process. Have a great day.  

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx

2015-09-16 05:39:57 (Reply to:twomikes)

Oh yes overlooked that i just assumed he did the first step a pmi but that is probably the case here then.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    grimler auto
    2015-09-16 11:09:35 (Reply to:kawracerx)
     The computer was purchased from Flagship One, a PCM rebuilder.  It has been programmed to the vehicle VIN.  And the VIN does match the vehicle because I thought the same thing previously.
    I have erased all previous keys from the system after entering the security system (10 minute wait).  Then attempted to program the 2 keys I have following the instructions on the Autel.  I haven't run into anything that seemed complex which is why this is frustrating.
    I have talked to a tech guy at Flagship One and he said the Explorer in that year span (06-08 I believe) are often incompatible with some of the aftermarket scanners.  So I plan to use the J tool pass-thru and see if directly using the Ford website will work.
    But, I am going to try to plug the old computer in and try it that way first just to be sure.  The truck cranked and ran previous to the computer replacement.
    I will post updates later, thanks for the info.

Or I'll post pictures of an Explorer engulfed in flames.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    grimler auto
    2015-09-16 19:58:28 (Reply to:kawracerx)
     I put the old computer in and tried to program the keys with no success.
    The only additional move I made when I replaced the computer was to disable the the piggybacked wires that ran from the transceiver to the bypass module for the AM remote start/alarm.
    I also tried using the pass-thru using Ford's programming with no success.
    I've had bad transceivers in the past and suspect that I may have an issue with this truck as well.  It seems odd that it worked before, but it might have been because the bypass module was coding the PATS instead of the key.  Once I erased the key coding, I can't get it back due to a bad transceiver.
    Any thoughts?

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey

2015-09-17 16:22:06 (Reply to:grimler auto)

I guess you had all the remote start crap disconnected, and  truck wires reconnected to the original configuration? Could need a new lock transceiver after all.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2015-09-18 16:15:13 (Reply to:grimler auto)

you will need to keys. after programming keys log in to pats again and do a parameter reset, not to the IC, you did not replace the instrument cluster, when prompted on the parameter reset choose pcm not I C. check the data log on pcm it will tell you how many keys are programmed, if none you have another isuue, if 1 key is programmed then one of your keys is bad, if 2 keys are programmed then is your parameter reset. remember to choose pcm and not IC. the IC is in charge of pats but you did not replace it. also when going back to the previous pcm programming and parameter reset most be done as well. good luck     

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2015-09-18 16:23:34 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

also programming pats keys is possible even without having to rewrite the vin to the pcm, in this case flashing it. the only problem you will have a vin mismatch code and the abs light on. not your case since your pcm was flashed, hopefully they wrote the correct calibration to it, the vin alone is not enough. if the above procedure does not work for you I guarantee a bad tool, get the ford ids and it will work flawlessly.
  Total1 Pages