Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Did some old / new software comparisons ...
Did some old / new software comparisons on Opel

2710 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-22 01:58:37

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-09-18 10:35:41
     Finally got the time to do something that was requested on this forum. It was the general idea that current software versions lost functions on all brands and for a lot of vehicles. Therefore the question was or we can compare old software with new ones. I happen to have an older MaxiDas708 (about sept. 2014 version) and a current updated MaxiSys

I will not go into debate about  wether or not functions are gone or not working on certain (a lot) of cars, that is quite clear now. But I got to test compare the software on an older car (just what was at hand, not really choosen).

The OPEL CORSA B from 1997 I compared sofware for, had exactly the same functions, albeit in another format on screen ofcourse. I tested some of the more important functions on both software. Knowing the MaxiDas has really good stable software, it was just a question or the MaxiSys would also still do the bi-directional controls etc.  and to my relief it did. This is not to say that all Opel software on other models is still as stable and all functions are 100% ok (I know of the Astra G service reset not working for instance).

If more opportunities come to me, I will compare some more, but don't have the maxidas with me all the time (reason for it now was that I won't rely 100% on the MaxiSys for some functions to be honest).

•   Level 4   
    (127) points
    Clansman

2015-09-18 13:39:29

You need to compare newer vehicles corsa b don't even deserve to be plug unto any form of diagnostic machine try corsa d ipc

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-19 01:49:31 (Reply to:Matronix)

i have old maxidas and new maxisys on opel both are very similar in function maxidas will pull more pin codes but it seem maxisys has more functions

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-09-21 15:33:40 (Reply to:Clansman)
      I had a Corsa D in last week but did not get the change to compare maxidas and maxisys at that time. Only used MaxiSys and could do all I needed to diagnose, but that is not the same as comparing wether or not the functions are the same ofcourse :)

However, I will do some more if I have time and if newer vehicles are at hand at that moment as well.

Also, I was suprised to see how much data can be pulled, tests can be done etc. on these older vehicles, it's way beyond simply pulling codes.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-09-21 15:36:40 (Reply to:busaman)
     Busaman, I just want to verify for different brands where we are losing or gaining most between old software and old system / new software and new system :)

But you seem to be right on your conclusions

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-22 01:58:37 (Reply to:Matronix)

but then again the older cars had many less systems and were quite basic in comparison. i will also check in more detail its just finding the time as it takes ages to do it properly.
  Total1 Pages