Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Did some old / new software comparisons ...
Did some old / new software comparisons on Benz w245 chassis

2508 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-25 05:31:28

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-09-23 15:57:05
     Got another change to do some in depth comparison between old maxidas software and new maxisys software.
    This time for a B-Class Benz from 1-2006

Both systems start well with autodetecting the car correctly, only the up to 2005 or from 2006 choice is to be made.

Functions for programming are new in the main menu as these are new for maxisys ofcourse. The OBD values are the ones you need for live data as in benz software this is still no good (no data available message, which is weird and reported to Autel now). The live data in MaxiSys OBD has range (reference) values for about all datapids, where in the old maxidas software there were only a few datapids with this reference value. A mighty plus for the MaxiSys, but in the same breath I stumbled on a datapid I needed bad this time; the lambda value, which showed zero's on the MaxiSys and did give me the right data on MaxiDas (happy to still have it). Mentioned this to Autel and hoping the will get this working and will check there data collecting for this a bit better.

While checking control unit adaptions I did find a lot of extra's in the MaxiSys. Where for MaxiDas we only had DPF options like replacement, renegeration while driving and used program, we now also find variant coding, extension of run-on time time, adjustment of injector quant. and reset of mean adaptions.

Could not do the check for all control modules but since injection is key for the running part of the engine, this was my focus point and in this I do find extra's that do matter a lot. The MaxiSys is working no less as the MaxiDas software version, except on some datapids where data does not work correctly or even shows wrong data (had a lambda value of 4.8 on a certain EGR check/test... I think with 4.8, the car would not be running... ). this has to be fixed ofcourse but if we mention this with datalogs, my experience is that it will be taken care of. Additions are great but do not take away the pain of errors (we need to rely on the data we get on screen)

What I did stumble across, is the fact that I cannot make data logs on OBD! Even while things seem to go wrong more than once in OBD / EOBD and it would be good if we can make reports on this as well!

Unfortunately the time available for testing today was gone by now while other jobs came along which needed attention so it still is a basic review of the situation but  I am optimistic about the merc software for this generation of car.

photo: live data, no oxygen sensor data (on maxidas it does, same conditions)

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-25 05:31:28 (Reply to:Matronix)

This is a very good job.

In my name I want to thank you your effort.
  Total1 Pages