Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > New Maxi Pro user, updating files on int...
New Maxi Pro user, updating files on internet is torture ...

4138 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-15 03:54:01

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    lasitter
    2015-10-13 14:03:00
      I just got my Maxi Pro a few days ago, and it looks like it could be a very useful tool ... except!

I've spent nearly the entire time trying to update files. Downloaded the latest suite, but every time I start updating files, it only completes a few before the PC hangs.

Win7, very fast computer with eight cores, 32G ram, very fast internet access ...

So I think the server is stalling and when that the happens, the program just stops. Ignores requests to close the application and even task manager can't kill it. Only recourse is to reboot the PC and load a couple more files before having to reboot again.

What is the trick to getting this to go smoothly? Is the 8G SDHC card a bottleneck?

The program downloads the new files fast enough, but for some reason the install phase really crawls. Once the update file has been downloaded, what further information should the updater.exe need in order to install the file? This really baffles me, because with most other apps, this is the part that flies.

Thanks in advance.

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
     Apparently they are limiting download times from the server . There also is an issue with the latest operating system update that is causing updates to freeze or time out. 

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-13 16:52:41 (Reply to:lasitter)

Welcome to autel..... Downloads have always been slow.....Read the forums and learn. I have no sdhc card in mine. Takes like 4 hours for bmw to install. Currently having issues with server? I assume you are downloading and installing with the tool not a pc. Hit the update app.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-10-14 00:40:15 (Reply to:lasitter)

Hi, you can download the vehicle software on the Maxisys directly. Please go to Maxisys - Update and no need to download it on a SD card. Please try. It may be a little slow because many customers are downloading from the server. If it gets slow then you may try some other time to avoid the rush hour. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and have a nice day! 

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    lasitter
    2015-10-14 09:40:23 (Reply to:Autel Support)
    There's a lot about getting started with Autel that is confusing.

First is just figuring out which device you actually have. When I go to the Autel -> Products tab, I don't even see "MaxiCheck Pro" listed. as a product option.

MaxiCheck EPB
    MaxiCheck Oil Light/Service Reset
    MaxiCheck Airbag/ABS
    MaxiCheck DPF Reset
    MaxiCheck Steering Angle Sensor Calibration

No "MaxiCheck Pro" however.

It is on the product registration page of the web site, however.

And when I search on the UPC code 6937357200668 (from the packaging), I find that this tool is referred to in many ways, including:

"UPC 6937357200668 has following Product Name Variations:

Autel Master Service Tool (ABS/SRS/EPB/SAS/OLS/TPMS)
    MaxiCheck Pro (ABS/SRS/EPB/SAS/OLS/TPMS/DPF)
    Autobody and Mechanical Specialty MAXICHECK Scan Tool
    AUTEL AUMXCHK Autobody and Mechanical Specialty Diagnostic Tool

Then on to the confusion over updating ...

About downloading to SD card and downloading to the device ... I downloaded and installed the "MP040 PC Suit_V6.33" which results in a shortcut for "MP040 Update".

When running this program, it has asked for the SD card (which I did have in the scanner), so I then put it into an SD card reader, and the update program saw it, and it would then install files to the SD card.

I think most people that get this tool only want to download coverage for one or a few vehicles. Part of my problem is that I decided to download as much as I could. After all, why not?

I tried "select all" and then "update selected", and that's when you see how unprepared the software and the web site are for that sort of thing.

The only thing I found that appeared to be bulletproof / not hang the computer was this:

Start the updater. Select a single file to update. Let it go and do not disturb it. When it finishes, close the updater. Then repeat.

This sucks, but it is better than hanging the computer and having to reboot it a hundred times.

I do have other questions though.

Is the 8G SD card supposed to hold everything? I have more files (Rolls, Bently, etc.) that I've not loaded because I'd probably never need, but also because it seems the card is close to capacity.

Does the scanner accept SD cards over 8G? What's the max?

I've considered upgrading the card and copying the contents over to a new one. Would that work?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    george

2015-10-14 11:23:08

mine took about one hour too do

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    lasitter
    2015-10-14 11:51:09 (Reply to:george)
     How many files did you update in one hour? Did your computer ever hang? What OS are you using? Thanks.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-10-14 13:44:02 (Reply to:lasitter)

If you have a good internet speed it takes good 2 to 3 hours to fully download..............

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    lasitter
    2015-10-14 16:16:21 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     Downloading files was not so much a problem for me as the "installing" step that followed. Have you ever tried to install a bunch of files after downloading, and how did it go?

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-14 17:09:17 (Reply to:lasitter)

Im sorry I assumed you had a maxsys pro not a maxicheck pro. I do not know anything about this tool.
  Total2 Pages