Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Chrysler Crossfire no communication
Chrysler Crossfire no communication

2189 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-23 07:28:15

•   Level 3   
    (54) points
    HeribertoArce
    2015-10-28 08:33:10
     I have a problem i am unable to connect with Chrysler crossfire 2006, no communication with any module. when i use benz it read the car serial number but it doesn't know the car.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-10-29 00:33:21 (Reply to:HeribertoArce)

Frankly speaking, our product has some problem to diagnose this vehicle, but we haven't located the reason. If possible, could you please collect the datalog for our further analysis.

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    clint_s

2015-12-22 23:24:41 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hello Support, I am able to see some things on my 2005 Crossfire under both Chrysler Crossfire and under Mercedes SLK 320. But neither of those showed the possibility to make the car relearn TPMS IDs. So at least some communication with a 2005 Crossfire works for me.

I would be shocked if anything significant changed in Crossfire diagnostic communication during the 2004 - 2008 lifetime of the Crossfire. ALL basicly the 2003 Mercedes SLK (R170) with a few small tweaks by Chrysler. Including addition of TPMS, which was not in the SLK.

This is a significant issue for Crossfire owners. The ONLY way anyone has found to do this relearn process is with the Chrysler dealership DRB III, plus a special Crossfire-Sprinter multiplexer cable (box), plus a special Crossfire software card in the DRB III. A substantial number of Chrysler dealerships either never got the special Crossfire add-ons to the DRB III, or have lost them, or don't care to use them any longer.

(The DRB III was superseded by other diagnostic systems at Chrysler dealerships in 2007.)

I hope Autel can improve on this. I would be very glad to send datalogs or anything else I can to support Autel learn and fix this.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-23 07:28:15 (Reply to:clint_s)

Hi, yes, it is true that our product can't support this vehicle- Chrysler Crossfire well. It is because it is difficult to us to look for these card for testing. 

If you have any problem when testing this car, you can collect some datalogs and send to support@autel.com and we can ask our engineer to improve it. Thank you in advance.
  Total1 Pages