Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > I am trying to make 2extra PATS keys for...
I am trying to make 2extra PATS keys for 05 Merc suv.

2013 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-21 04:32:17

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    ena
    2015-11-18 16:45:39
     One original key was OK  Now it only starts once after the erase and reprogram process. the new keys won't work at all. I programed the remote lock transmitters OK and the key program says it's successful. The youtube video shows a different screen process. I just got the scanner and it's my first real use. Has anyone done PATS keys with a recent ds708. I have one original and two cut new ones. Thanks for any help

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-19 09:15:31 (Reply to:ena)

After checking, there is something wrong with the ECU and key of this vehicle. From the datalog, the following codes can be read from your vehicle:

P1260---THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilized.

This DTC may be caused by :

Suspect PATS module.

Suspect Circuit fault between PCM and PATS.

Suspect PCM.

B1600---PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is not received.

-Possible Causes-

- Damaged Ignition key

- Damaged PATS antenna or wiring

- Damaged PCM

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    MarkBeville

2015-11-20 02:55:55

Hi,

I have programmed lots of ford keys with the ds708. It should work fine. If you are using "clone" keys from a hardware store where they "copied" the id from the original key they will not program. Also, the transponder receiver around the ignition lock cylinder is a common failure item, but likely would have been malfunctioning prior to trying to add keys. What prompts do you get during the key adding process?  

-Mark

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-11-21 04:32:17 (Reply to:ena)

I would first make sure the new PATS keys were cut with the proper PATS key blank . There is a marking on the metal blade of the new keys that should be the same as the marking on the old key that works or once worked. Make sure to remove any other immobilizer keys, and things like a speed pass from the key ring away from the key that is being programmed. Also make sure to attach a battery charger so the battery voltage stays above 12 volts during the whole 10 minutes it takes for PATS security access to be granted.
  Total1 Pages