Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > The update messed up my AL319 Setup menu...
The update messed up my AL319 Setup menu.

2729 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-10 16:40:36

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    st8kout
    2015-12-05 05:59:53

The entire menu is now in code. ff 00 00 01 00 09 for "Language Setup," then another code for "Configure Monitors," etc.

It accepts the .bin file, but gives a communication error for the .aut file. I've made several attempts with the same results.

Also, I bought this because my BMW MIL came on just after I changed my spark plugs getting ready for the smog inspection due this month. So I immediately ordered this device and it says there's nothing wrong. No codes and a green check mark for Ready. I thought maybe it needs updating, which now brings me to this forum to find out what the heck is going on.

I can always just return it to Amazon but I really need to find out about the MIL coming on before I go for the test. If you fail the test they will not let you take it again until you show a repair receipt.

Update: I plugged it back into my car and now everything is in code.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-12-05 07:03:53 (Reply to:st8kout)

Hi, actually, just go to Setup--Language, choose any language, then it will become normal.

Please refer to the manual to know the location of the options.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    st8kout
    2015-12-05 07:10:09 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Actually, I finally managed to get it to accept the .aut file. I had recently installed a PCI-e card to give me USB 3.0 without having to upgrade my old motherboard. I tried using it and it finally worked.

Kind of strange why the .bin file worked with USB 2.0 but not the .aut. Weird.

But anyway, thanks for answering.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    st8kout
    2015-12-06 21:10:41
    Well, my BMW passed the smog Inspection just like the AL319 said it would, but I still can't help but wonder what made the Check Engine light come on right after changing out the spark plugs. At this point I can only guess I must have got some anti-seize on one of the plug's electrode and caused a misfire, but still, shouldn't that have thrown a code that needed to be cleared? Any ODB experts out there know? 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-12-07 01:46:50 (Reply to:st8kout)

What's the car model, year, and VIN?  And what message you get when it's connected to your BMW?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    christopher

2017-04-10 16:40:36 (Reply to:Autel Support)

tnhx.

I send a email to the shop where i have bought my al519 and they replied that i cannot update it by myself.
    I've had this same problem,i could not see anything in the menu but the ff 00......
    it was on good luck to find the menu language but i found it and now everything is back to normal.i almost bought a new one

tnhx
  Total1 Pages