Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Not able to access ESM and ME2 on clk320...
Not able to access ESM and ME2 on clk320 using Benz-38adaptor??

2038 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-01 23:51:24

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    pjavette
    2016-01-01 21:37:56
     Hi! I have a 1999 CLK320 and was checking the diagnostics with my DS708 system using the Benz-38 adaptor for the connection in the engine compartment and the system would not connect with ESM Electronic Selector Module and the ME2 Motor Electronic selector module. Any ideas or are these protected by Mercedes benz? thanks

Tags: clk320

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-01 23:51:24 (Reply to:pjavette)

If you are sure the vehicle actually has the modules, because on auto scans  it  goes through a huge laundry list of modules different models and later model years have that the older models just  didn't have yet.
      If the module actually shows up on the autoscan with an ! mark first try to turn ignition key off for 10 seconds then back on , then select the module and see if it communicates.
      If that still does not work , exit and manually select the vehicle and select the module separately. Try the key off 10 seconds , then back on again. If it works on the German Turd, just figure it's not really a failure of scanner just requires a Fickle Finger for fixing F'ed up  Farfignuegen Funk :-)
  Total1 Pages