Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > vci CAN problems BRAND NEW MAXISYS 908!
vci CAN problems BRAND NEW MAXISYS 908!

2180 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-20 09:51:29

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-20 08:56:21
     I just purchaced this scan tool, as a gift for my self for the new years. So far ive used this unit for an e46 bmw, benz ML500 and for the bmw side it has been great!!! no complaints. the Benz side still had some modules i could not communicate with.

ive updated all of my maxisys makes and models and vci is to date.

my REAL problem is....

i tried to scan a Mercury mountaineer, i had no communication. in ALL MODULES!!

my matco MAXME communicated as will as did bidirectional functions., along with my cheapo code reader, obviously just read codes.

i also tried to communicate with a Ford E350, and guess what NO COMMUNICATION in all modules except PARKING AID. smh!!

my matco MAXME communicated great with all its bidirectional functions. cheapo code reader... of course communicated.

ive been communicating with support.. and basically support says, "BMW vehicles are not CAN one.....So it could be the VCI box. you might need to try a second VCI box to have a try. Please contact dealer to ask them to test this VCI box or replace this VCI box."

how can this be? im really impressed but not really impressed due to this issue. i bought this from my matco dealer and had to wait 1 week to get this product due to being from hawaii.

now ive tried updating my vci thourgh the pc suit and now its telling me i need to upgrade to pro version. I DO NOT WANT THE PRO VERSION. i have a drew technology cardaq M, that does not give me any issues what so ever.

what do i do now? wait for another VCI.

has anyone out ther have issues with communicating with fords or CAN with there "NEW" maxisys.

i need this to be fixed immediatly and support from china is taking too long to get back to me.

if there is anybody out there that can help me.

thank you so much... im trying really hard not to complain. i really love this tool, but if this vci is defective...then whats it good for. thanks again.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Hi, if the tool cannot communicate with CAN vehicles then possibly there is problem with the main cable. Please change another cable to check the result. If there is still problem, then please contact the dealer to change a new Bluetooth box to check again. Thanks!
  Total1 Pages