Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Volvo SRS ugent service required message...
Volvo SRS ugent service required message

3428 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-05-10 22:57:42

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    59 Viking
    2016-05-01 01:16:10

Can I clear the Volvo SRS ugent service required message with Autel Maxi Check pro? I am able to asses SRS module but can not clear codes SRS-00d0 and SRS-00d1 ar bag light is off. only message will not clear.

Car is a 2002 Volvo V70

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-05-01 09:43:18 (Reply to:59 Viking)

Your fault codes are pointing towards the Passenger Seat Belt Buckle........

Open-circuit or short-circuit in the wiring or connectors for the passenger seat belt buckle.

If you can't clear the fault codes mean you have a hard faults which means you will have to fix them first to clear the fault codes mate......

Have you tried to clear those fault code using any other tool...........?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-03 09:55:55 (Reply to:59 Viking)

Hi, please check if the seat belt buckle can work normally. If yes, then please try to clear the DTCs again. If the DTCs cannot be cleared it doesn't matter if the seat belt buckle can work OK because for some old Volvo SRS cannot be supported to clear by this tool. Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    59 Viking
    2016-05-05 10:19:51 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Seat belts are O.K. Chime stops when plug in. Will The Autel MD 802 All systems + ds work on these Volvo? I beleive I need to be able to clear fault codes in CEM Central Electrical Module. Thanks!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-05-06 08:56:59 (Reply to:59 Viking)

No need to clear CEM as your fault code is in Airbag System there are two different systems......have you check the wiring on your Pretension which is part of the seat belt.............? just try to disconnect the plug and plug it in again and see if that will help..........But, you will still need a diagnostic tool to clear the fault code in Airbag System............

Watch this you tube there is a yellow plug you need to check that................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVwnAmoT1yM

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    59 Viking
    2016-05-10 22:57:42 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Hello just tought peolple might find this update useful;

I ordered and just received my AUTEL MaxiDiag Elite MD802 Full system+DS scanner and I used the scan function on my 2002 Volvo V70 car. I had previously scaned my car with my Autel MaxiCheck Pro and I found 1 SRS issue and then repaired and cleared, the SRS light went out and stayed off. But the SRS service urgent message stayed on in the Message diplay and the yellow warning triangle stayed on in the instrument cluster.

I researched the problem and had come to the conclusion the problem laid in the fact that I could not clear the codes in the CEM. Well now that I have the MD 802 I was able to clear the two seatbelt codes from the CEM and now the SRS urgent message is gone. Yay! No more lights and no more messages! The only regreat I have now is having bought the MaxiCheck Pro since now I have two very similar scanners and have invested over $600 just to clear one light and one message. 

I am happy I did not go out and buy two complete seatbelt assemblies.

Total1 Pages