Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > cl500 strut bleeding / activation
cl500 strut bleeding / activation

1924 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-05-16 03:46:13

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-11 21:19:32
     got a call to help out on a abs (hydraulic) change of strut (springs they called it :) ) of a CL500 Merc.

it got it's new 'springs' so struts, in place and they wish to bleed it but no fluid appears at the bleeding valve ofcourse since you need to activate the item with a computer first. Can MaxiSys do this (inflated line re-flate or however you want to call it, more like re-pressurize the line). It should be under comfort module, but is there a 'activation of component' on this particular product?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-12 08:08:55 (Reply to:Matronix)

Hi, can you please upload a data log of it for engineers to check? We will confirm if the function is supported with live data and detailed car information. Thanks!

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-12 11:42:47 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     great, this won't help me , I will see the car tomorrow and do the job right there and then. No logs on forehand.

It is a CL500 from 2000. I noticed in the MaxiSys spec list that the ABC pump is supported for chassis 215 (which this is) from 2002/09. Please tell me this function is also supported on models before this year? I guess this is the function? It says "active body control function"... this system is already on the car way before 2002?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-14 18:38:15 (Reply to:Matronix)
     Well, have been to the job and fixed the problems. There actually is a number of options under chassis and then Suspension. You can do recalibration from there. Unfortunately there were a few problems I ran into since the software does mention that certain preconditions are not met but nowhere is to be found what these are. I was impressed that about all things possible were in MaxiSys.

I fixed the ABC pump (which they bleeded dry so had to use a trick to fill it again for it to make pressure) and a travel plunger sensor issue on a strut. After that could do calibration and the rodeo test (moving the car around on it's struts like a tuned up bling bling machine) to bleed any left over air in the suspension.

Will send log for the issues I had so it can be better documented for others.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-16 03:46:13 (Reply to:Matronix)

Hi Matronix, thanks a lot for your information. We have got your data log and will check it soon. Thanks! 
  Total1 Pages