Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > MaxiSys and TPMS addition
MaxiSys and TPMS addition

3435 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-04 14:16:28

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-18 21:19:51
    Guys, I know some topics have been going on and about this subject but I still have my doubts since I have not yet used to many functions of TMPS so far.

I used TPMS function on certain occassions and found MaxiSys could not do too much with the sensors, except for reading some live data at times (Renault I think was ok).

Since I am working on the expantion of my services with TPMS, I would like to know what would suit me best. I know TPMS 501 in conjuction with MaxiSys908 Pro is a strong combination, but will it be worth the extra money to go for a TPMS 601? Would it really offer extra when already owning a MaxiSys in which we can see more and more live data for TPMS as well?

From my perception it is really important to program new sensors, look into battery status (that creates sales), etc. But I don't see the use for programing single tires (you can just reprogram all 4?) or doing 'actuator tests' (what are these anyway and won't MaxiSys do them? ) or 'live data' (some data already in MaxiSys but what more would you see then the tire pressure that already is on TS501 if I am correct?)

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-05-19 07:24:05 (Reply to:Matronix)

If you buy the TPMS 501, you will have all your TPMS problems solved.

I have use TPMS 501 in European market. 

So far I was able to read, all the sensors, clone the sensors and if the car does not have one or all the sensors, TPMS 501, is able to generate the correct code for each sensor.

If you have any more doubts, please reply.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-19 12:40:12 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Pedro thanx, I trust your judgement. I just don't have the experience with these TPMS tools to see what is needed on prof basis. Thnx to your reply I think the best option indeed is TPMS501!

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-19 12:43:35 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Just checked prices and between the 501 and 601 there is only about a 100 euro difference with my Dutch supplier. Think it won't hurt to get the 601 then. Did not know, noticed hundreds of euro's difference from abroad but now the choice is still for the TS601 (will need to fix a few sensors extra, that won't be a problem)

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-05-23 06:35:19 (Reply to:Matronix)

when the maxisys first came out it had all these functions then they brought out the ts5xx series and deleted them from maxisys arround dec 2014....
    you could even disable it completley...

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-23 07:05:35 (Reply to:busaman)

Hi Busaman, there is only basic diagnostics TPMS functions on Maxisys like reading and clearing codes, reset lights etc. Professional TPMS functions such as programming sensors, activation, sensor information and relearn procudure etc have never been existed on Maxisys. Only our new product MS906TS is combination of Maxisys and TS601. Thanks!

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-05-30 12:15:10 (Reply to:Matronix)

If it is only 100, I think you should go to TS 601, but the only difference it will be OBD reading codes.

You will be satisfied with one of them. I have done several cars and all work great. Even in a case that was not possible to read the old TPMS. The TS as generated a new code for the Sensor MX.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2016-05-30 20:50:21 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Got the TS601 in and will do some testing soon with my largest client (a car trader, working several days a week for this firm and have a selection of dozens of cars, most of the time 40-80 different ones). If things turn out fine (and I think they will according to your posts) the introduction to customers will be possible

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-05-31 03:12:51 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I remember manually inputting sensor IDs with 908pro

Activating tpms relearns in Hondas,nissans,ect

How can you say it never had it

I used it and its starting to not work,hit and miss

and you charge how much for an update for 908pro and no tpms

I used to do lots of tpms with 908 and ts401 but getting frustrating now

Reverting to snap-on  tpms tool

don't care if it takes little longer with 908 just wish could do more with 908pro and ts401

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-31 10:25:13 (Reply to:Jim)

Hi, sorry to update the information above. Maxisys can support to relearn sensor ID(write / register ID) but you have to input sensor IDs manually. For activation and programming sensors Maxisys cannot support so you'll need professional TPMS tools for these functions. Thanks! 
  Total2 Pages