Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Used DME and EGS support for bimmers
Used DME and EGS support for bimmers

1989 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-05-29 16:41:53

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-05-23 03:10:30
     Hi support can your maxisys support the change of isn code on a used dme and egs thanks.

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-23 06:07:35 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Hi, sorry it cannot be supported by Maxisys. 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-05-24 03:53:36 (Reply to:Autel Support)

thanks. not what I wanted to hear exactly. 1200 dollars update to just code new very expensive modules which is really the only half  decent thing this tool does its not worth the tool price nor the update. auto hex and bmw explorer works excellent on used modules, the money I save there in modules  alone justifies the price . trying to find a reason to keep this tool but can't find one. call me nuts but 3500 dollar tool plus 1200 every year for updates just to do bimmers and benz half ass its nuts. I say bmw and benz cuz everything else is gone. anyone wants to prove me wrong am all ears.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-05-24 04:12:29 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     nothing seems to be supported by maxisys anymore support. how about a name change too while your at it , there is nothing maxi about it anymore . I think  maybe-sys its more like it or once upon a time -sys. good luck selling this crap.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-05-24 08:28:22 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Hi, the change of ISM code on a used DME and EGS is related to immobilization that's why it cannot be supported by Maxisys. For other functions that are missing on Maxisys, please provide more details about it and upload data logs. We will check it soon. Thanks! 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7
    2016-05-24 12:36:48 (Reply to:Autel Support)

its not just about immobilizer its about the aftermarket making a living on this vehicles. if I have to spend over a thousand dollars on a new dme run the risk of ruining another module while coding, having to take the car to the dealer in many cases cuz they will not sell keys,egs and others to us then what is the purpose of buying a such an expensive scantool not to mention update prices, for what, just to say I coded a bmw there are a bunch of tools out there that will code and flash for a third of the price of this tool. why even get involved with a vehicle we can not do 100% so that halfway thru the job we have to send it to the dealer cuz our precious tool can not finish it. this is not just bmw but all the vehicles. in case you didn't know dme/ecm/pcm/ecu in general goes bad all the time and after replacement the immobilizer needs to be performed which this tool can not do. and just to make clear if anyone else besides support replies to the post saying it does this car and that car you better not be a seller cuz am tire of hearing all this bullshit this tool does this and that when in fact it doesn't, one car out 20 does not count. all I hear it does great on bmw and benz its worth the price. its not and it doesn't work great on bmw and benz nor anything else. if you think it does then that proof you don't know shit.  a lot of new people here that don't know the difference and have nothing else to compare it with. this is a very poor aftermarket tool at best.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-05-24 19:09:27 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

100% spot on, this used to be great tool now its shit on almost every brand....

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2016-05-29 16:41:53 (Reply to:busaman)

I am still content with my tool, even if it is not on the level I want it to be. However, for coding a car I don't think I will use it before I hear better things and the confidence is back. Especially since modules can be ruined or at least are done with if it is one time coding. Bought the Pro version because there would be possibilities for BMW, Benz and soon "many more" but that was over 1 1/2 year ago. Now I am not even confident enough to do the BMW and Benz which are in it for all that time.

Have bought into other tools which can do those things more safely. But still hoping that at one time we can still do all of it with just one device, since the MaxiSys is covering so many vehicles and systems, I will never hope to have that with other tools (they do a lot but most are missing more vital programming, resetting, initialising ,active tests etc. that I really do use).
  Total1 Pages