Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Last AL19 update makes the scanner usele...
Last AL19 update makes the scanner useless

2221 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-20 09:27:30

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    ALFREDOKNUDSEN
    2016-06-17 01:18:27
     Hi, I have a scan tool Al619, serial number #MSA012003184, firmware version V1.17, Hardware version V1.00. 
    It worked great for years till the last software update that I did by ten days ago.
    Once connected, after reflashing the sd card I can read on the screen " Processing data, please wait" , and then stays there forever. After fifteen minutes I disconnected and retry a few times with no results at all.

Luckily on last November 2014 I backed up the sd card files to my computer so then I grabbed a brand new sd card and copy there all the data, then I installed in the scan tool, connected to a car and that did the "miracle"!!. the tool is now working awesome (but with outdated software).

later, thinking that the original sd card should be defective, I got another brand new sd card, then I copy there the November sd card info, following that, I opened "Autel Update" and I updated this new card till was completely up to date. Then I put it in the scanner and once connected to a car the same disappointing results: "Processing data, please wait"....forever.

So, I cannot use the latest update, the scanner only works with the older one, and believe me that works fantastic !!. Should be a bug in the update software ??

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-06-20 09:27:30 (Reply to:ALFREDOKNUDSEN)

Hi, if the problem only happens with OBD software, please uninstall it. Then when downloading it again please click the pull-down list and select the previous version software version to check the result. The problem is that the current software is not compatible with quite old tools. We are making improvements and there will be new update around beginning of July to fix this problem. If there is any problem with other vehicle software then you can install the previous versions to use first and update your tool when the new update is released. Thanks!

Total1 Pages