Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > ds708 ford key programming PATS errors
ds708 ford key programming PATS errors

8340 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-29 00:59:15

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-18 21:28:37 (Reply to:tonanzith)

OK, We have to determine IF the keys have been programmed or if you have other issues. Look in the body control module for NUMKEYS, We have to find this PID, tell me if it says 2 or 1 or 0. Does the SECURITY light blink real fast on an attempt to start? Next if you just turn the key to the run position does the PATS system PROVE OUT? Meaning does the light come on for about 3 seconds then go off or does it flash real fast? IF the NUMKEYS =2 then go to the PCM and erase all codes (Even if there are none) wait 30 seconds after disconnecting the scan tool and try to start it.
    Thx

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    tonanzith
    2016-06-20 14:27:08 (Reply to:FX4)
     I called Autel this morning and they were absolutely no help.  Back at the truck and I do not see a num keys value anywhere in the BCM or.  PCM. I do see minimum number of keys required is 2. I also see a couple error codes in the BCM stating that the minimum number of keys programmed there's a fault code suggesting that zero keys are programmed. I get two coats in the BCM 40 keys programmed and a P ATS generic fault code. Basically everything is telling me that there's no keys programmed I just cannot get the truck to allow me to program the two new keys. I do not see a P ATS light on anywhere when I try to enter the sequence I don't even know where it is but I believe it's supposed to be on the Dass but it doesn't blink or light up or anything at all. And every time after trying to program new keys and going to the sequence the – will then say starting system failure

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    tonanzith
    2016-06-20 14:38:14 (Reply to:tonanzith)
     Sorry Siri has a mind of her own when typing. Supposed to say icy to generic codes for 0 keys programmed. Simply put I just cannot get the truck to enter the sequence for programming new keys. Matter what after clearing codes or resetting parameters etc. after disconnecting my ALLTEL unit and waiting for a little bit before starting a key program sequence no matter what no PAT has light comes on on the dash at any time during the sequence. 

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    tonanzith
    2016-06-20 18:35:47 (Reply to:FX4)
     Update. It's fixed.  But not with the autel. Autel was no help.  Ford was no help. The autel deleted the keys and in doing so somehow locked the PCM. I had a locksmith come out. He hooked up his non autel scanner. It told him no keys programmed. He said I did everything right but for some reason it locked the PCM and the truck would not allow typical programming of keys.  He had to manually embed the keys with his programmer. A ck-100. Which my autel ds708 can not do. So pissed.  But it works now.  

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    tonanzith
    2016-06-20 18:48:15 (Reply to:tonanzith)
     For such an expensive scan tool it should be able to embed a key. Even still it shouldn't lock out a PCM. And even still it should be able to unlock it if it does.  Definitely getting a different tool and do not recommend this one to anyone. 

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-20 23:37:39 (Reply to:tonanzith)

Man I'm glad you got it going. I don't know that I've ever heard of the PCM being locked like that where a KAM reset didn't fix it, I knew you were going the right steps. I wonder now if a battery disconnect may have help. Doesn't matter now, as long as you are running and have the only keys that will start the truck! What version of Ford module is on your Autel tool?, Guess I'll be pricing a CK-100 for backup.
    Thanks for keeping us updated and letting us know you are fixed. I have several post in here that you never hear the results, Like watching a movie and missing the last scene. Bummer!
    Ride on Man and hope your truck is fine.
    Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    tonanzith
    2016-06-21 00:11:23 (Reply to:FX4)
    Not sure which version of ford I'll check in the morning.  I did get confirmation today that I'm outdated.   Long story.  But I'm screwed. I bought it at harbor freight. Apparently it was used and returned.  So I can't update the software. Harbor freight won't do anything. Not even exchange. And autel won't do anything. So basically no updates for me.  I'll probably never shop harbor freight again. Same with autel. 

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-21 01:58:51 (Reply to:tonanzith)

Man I hate that, I have one that the updates have been out of for over a year, they wanted SO MUCH for the updates I bought another one at harbor freight on mothers day with the 30 percent coupon, I didn't give but $224 more dollars than they wanted just for updates. If it's done been registered but still in the first year they are supposed to transfer it to your account and let you update. Come on Autel, save yourself a customer and help This guy out like you supposed to do. I have version 9 ford and seems very stable. Good luck with getting them to let you have the updates like you are supposed to get. I tried version 9.13 but it formats the numbers wrong so I don't use it. I use ver 9.12. I read in another thread it was supposed to be updated TODAY, but I've read that before. The tool does everything I need to my '02 and '08 trucks. I messed my keys up in both trucks trying to key both trucks the same, but it didn't work. The DS708 cleared all the keys in both trucks and I programmed the same keys back to the trucks, It worked great for me, hope it stays that way, I think the CK-100 is a per use charge so I don't like that. CareUCar has it for 85 with 1024 tokens.
    thx

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    cobra94r

2016-06-23 08:01:38 (Reply to:FX4)

Hi FX4,
             I am one of those guys who cut you out of an ending scene... lol!!!!   Sorry about that. I just don't have too much to update. However... I am going back to my original thread and post an update for you.
             tonanzith, I am sorry to Hijack your thread. I just wanted to tell you that I am glad that things worked out for you. I have issues with adding PATS keys to my 2001 Navigator. FX4 has been patiently helping me. 

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-23 22:37:27 (Reply to:cobra94r)

Hey Cobra, I replied to your thread, Let's start over on your issue.
    Thx

Total3 Pages