Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Ford PATS Can't gain security access any...
Ford PATS Can't gain security access anymore..... MS905

6010 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-29 01:55:17

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    sharpstech
    2016-06-22 15:53:03
     2000 expedition attempting to gain security access to erase, add or program keys... during 10min(600 sec) mandatory waiting period the procedure just stops progressing at what i would say is 99 percent.. VCI still communicating with vehicle, but no access, no errors, nothing... I've performed this task at least a hundred times before.. Seems like a software issue to me, it worked fine before. Why cant we roll-back updates? IMHO taking features we once had is Theft. Lets get this figured out Autel. Its not just my machine or this Vehicle, from what im hearing the whole industry is having this issue. 

Can anyone confirm PATS programing features working on pre 2009 vehicles? If so, what system are you using?    

•   Level 3   
    (62) points
    Mariusz78

2016-06-22 23:59:13 (Reply to:sharpstech)

They just wipe transit key programming with last update which works spot on bifore. Contacted them over week ago and nobody give a s.... to reply. old ford software was 500mb new have 300 so 200mb data is gone 

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    sharpstech
    2016-06-23 22:52:14
     Tech Phone support informed me That they are well aware of this issue and do not have a solution at this time... I have a solution........ Roll the software back, it worked fine before. Ill eat the cost of unbillable labor that has been spent on this issue. We dont charge our customers for service they dont receive. Next time maybe inform everyone of a costly glitch like this, as soon as you discover it. Im certain every one of your customers would greatly appreciate it. 

I haven't lost all faith in Autel just yet. I love my machine, but these issues shouldn't cost us money!      

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-24 03:31:17 (Reply to:sharpstech)

I have 2 DS708s, the old one has FORD 9.00, I have used it to clear all keys from an '02 Ranger(Pats E) and
    an '08 F-350 Super Duty(Pats C). The New DS708 (May '16) has FORD 9.12. I've access the PATS module just to test it, but have not deleted any keys, didn't need to at the time, so it appears tom me  at least FORD 9.12 works.
    Thx

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    sharpstech
    2016-06-24 13:24:48
     FX thanks for the input. I just checked my ford software and I only have v6.12... I have a current subscription and have no updates. Tech support had me uninstall Ford and FordEU then dl and install again. any suggestions? After he had me do couple procedures he said he would have one of there programmers call me back. The programmer called 10 min later. he's the one that told me there is a problem with the new release and they cant figure it out, but they are working on it.

I've really had no issues with my 905 until this issue with ford. I like my machine, but i need it to do what i bought for every time, within reason anyway.     

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    sharpstech
    2016-06-24 13:44:36
     I checked back through my update messages and 

Update Messages 

FORD V9.13 2015-12-31 

2014-12-31 03:48:41

Why would the current release be v6.12?????

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-24 14:49:06 (Reply to:sharpstech)

They are different because the version levels are different depending on the autel device you use, The CURRENT version for the MS905 may be 6.xx but for my DS708 the most recent is 9.13, I don't use it though, I use 9.12 because the numbers are not formatted right in 9.13. I will say this, the ONLY reason I bought this NEW DS708 was to get the 2015/16 good working updates. IF I don't get that by next year, like others on this board, it might be time to change tools. I wish Autel would stand it's ground and back use back yard mechanics with the right to work on our own stuff and NOT be required by the dealers to pay them to do it. They should know if we mess it up bad enough we'll be coming to them anyway and they can charge us the big bucks then. They are getting to be like a government entity. It's time to push back ! Stand with us autel, and we'll stand with you, feed us to the wolves and we'll have to go some where else. Someone will have the nerve to stand up to them, it might as well be you!
    Thx

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-06-24 16:03:14 (Reply to:sharpstech)

I believe they already know what is going to work and what is not going to work for us. Autel has not come out and told us of any favorable or negative court outcome with Ford Lawsuit  or whether or not it may have widened to include other Domestic and European manufacturers now building cars in China, tossing hats in to ring and these corporations probably just flip a few bucks under table to the right Chinese magistrates on the take to put the legal screws to Autel to impossibly alter it's software architecture or  remove or render certain functions inoperative for good , or some poor Coders are going to do time in jail.
      I wonder if the Power Balance functionality has been fixed yet ?, or proposed Fuel Injector balance option has been added to Ford? I think engineers in the last few years are spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get by with creative work arounds to save what they can of the Old Chinese Hack Coverage we loved and bought these for.  Guess the on going matter in court is whether  functions in dispute have been altered enough or has  shown steady progress of some things rendered inoperative to appease a bunch of @ssholes in court.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-28 09:59:19 (Reply to:sharpstech)

Sorry for the delay. Our engineer is checking your datalog. Any updating info, will inform you soon.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-29 01:55:17 (Reply to:sharpstech)

Hello, have you updated Ford version to the latest version V6.50? Please download V6.50 to have a test.
  Total1 Pages