Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > NATS 5 immo locked
NATS 5 immo locked

2675 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-24 01:28:51

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey
    2016-08-03 15:48:24
    Have a malfunctioning ignition lock antenna 2001 pathfinder, also all keys lost with P1610 code "immo locked".
    Planning on replacing antenna, but can key programming be accomplished after replacement of the antenna? How do you get that immo unlocked without an original key present?
     I'm familiar with all the key programming procedures, but I've never had to deal with this LOCKED immo condition before.
     Any advice would be appreciated.....Thanks!! 

•   Level 5   
    (256) points

Solved..... Garage couldn't find a new antena, Nissan parts said it's discontinued. So they installed a junkyard one and I gave it a go.

Used Maxidas DS708, connected with japan market selection NATS 5, programming went right through without formatting the antenna.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-05 03:24:19 (Reply to:Phase 4 autokey)

Immo locked happens for many reasons, when bcm,ecm,immo ring has been replaced, wrong code entered  and also when the vehicles battery goes low. many vehicles will not get out of immo locked unless a reset is done after the programming of the immobilizer keys or fobs or  if this modules were replaced or what ever other reason caused it . in order to get it out of locked mode one must insert key and turn ign  on for 5 seconds then turn off and remove key for 5 seconds and must be done 3 times. battery must not be low on charge. never heard of formatting an antenna.

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey
    2016-08-17 00:41:49 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Vehicles like some Honda need to have the antenna matched/formatted to the car when it's replaced, didn't know about Nissan though. Programmed the one key they had along with a new key, didn't have to match the antenna.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-24 01:28:51 (Reply to:Phase 4 autokey)

yes  your right ,Honda is different, the ring needs to be matched or formatted like you said.  autel tools works great on Honda though, so far I haven't had a single issue with this vehicles.
  Total1 Pages