Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2004 Chevy Impala SRS light
2004 Chevy Impala SRS light

2182 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-10 08:02:08

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mikiemon
    2016-09-25 12:46:58
    Using a AL619 I can read the OBD2 code, which my car has no code found. The car does however have the SRS light on. I've tried reading both the ABS and SRS codes and I get a message about no communication. I know that the car uses a serial data for communication between the modules in the car. I've read that if there is a problem with this serial data line you should receive an u-code which is a communication error of some kind. Does anyone have any ideas about why I can't communicate with the ABS or SRS? I've also been able to read the ABS/SRS successfully from a 2010 Infiniti G37x and 2010 Scion XD. 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mikiemon
    2016-09-28 01:06:59
     So I tried my scanner on several other cars and I had no problems with any of them. Once I got home I pulled the front passenger seat to check the airbag control module. After enlarging the X above the module I could tell it had gotten wet at one time, it was solid white. Disconnected the negative battery cable before unplugging the module as ESD can set off the airbags. Once the module was out of the car I could tell the corrosion had gotten under the red epoxy. I'm going to order another module, I found a module on Ebay for $75. I'd buy a new one but I'm fixing it to sell.  

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    mikiemon
    2016-10-05 01:35:51 (Reply to:mikiemon)
     Got the SRS module in the mail. I disconnected the negative battery terminal, removed the old module and installed the new module and reconnected the negative battery terminal. Put in the key and turned it to the on position. Started the scan tool and scanned SRS it found like 9 codes, cleared codes and now I'm all good.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-10-10 08:02:08

Thank you very much for your updating in this post.
  Total1 Pages