Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Vw Passat 2.0 fsi 2006 active test
Vw Passat 2.0 fsi 2006 active test

1929 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-01-11 15:17:09

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    simron ou
    2017-01-04 09:00:14
     Hi,

Im having a problem to execute active tests on Vw passat 2.0 fsi in all systems. I can read fault codes, see live data etc, but it wont let me execute active tests, it shows  refuse code 7f and some more codes (cant remeber exactly, car left from shop already). and try again later, switch ign off, but after ign on/off it still wont go into active test. What is the problem? I think there is some problem with software.

Im using updated Maxisys pro

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2017-01-09 21:27:17 (Reply to:simron ou)

Have you checked or there are fault codes stored? DTC's?

If so, that is the main reason you cannot execute active tests. If no codes are stored, I would imagine MaxiSys should give a reason why the test cannot be done. Unfortunately sometimes the system gives us reasons which are not really understandable for the user or sometimes only a "conditions not read" which won't help either :)

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    Espiga33

2017-01-10 19:50:18 (Reply to:simron ou)

It is doing the same on Peugeot cars and saying code 22.
    I'm using Maxisys 908Pro and thinking on returning back to seller.
    Can't do a proper diagnosis job with this machine...
    My last Delphi Ds150 never let me down like this one is doing on several things to be
    honest...
    Good luck mate.

•   Level 2   
    (32) points
    simron ou
    2017-01-11 13:30:38
    Hi'

Yes no fault codes what so ever, so I'm disapointed also. Active test is very important function.. maybe support will answer this. In claim section I wait answer why it won't support lexus euro models with diesel engines. No answer till now, its been 1 week already.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-11 15:17:09 (Reply to:simron ou)

Sounds pretty crazy since , why would we bother with active tests of circuits if there wasn't a code for the circuit. However if there is a hard code that won't clear for any circuit which actually is shorted and you perform the component actuation tests through the tool, Autel does not want you to damage the tool or something on the vehicle.
        If the code does not distinguish between an open or short , just try to load the circuit with a noid light and then see if code will clear, and try again.
  Total1 Pages