Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Nissan scanning issues
Nissan scanning issues

2308 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-21 16:43:34

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    2017-06-20 00:12:59
    Hello, first post, recently purchased the MS906 TS, am reading the manual but alot to read and difficult for me to grasp.

First car I tried to use it on said auto scan cant figure it out so I did manual entry of the vin and it still wouldnt recognize, how do I get training on proper use of the scanner. I see there are a few videos on this site but they dont cover what I need at this point and that is the basics of understanding how to use the scanner properly.

Thnaks for the replies

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2017-06-20 00:37:06 (Reply to:1930)

my 908Pro sometimes doesn't id Nissan

just did a 2006 Altima and have to hunt/search for the car by year/model/ect

you have newer software , as mine is from 08/2016

Auto id usually works most of the time

phone support if   you have active subscription

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    stanward

2017-06-20 20:54:03 (Reply to:1930)

I agree with the frustration in learning how to use these Autel scanners for the first time. I would go onto YouTube and search for Autel there.

I watched several videos there and just played with the unit until I got comfortable.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    2017-06-20 22:42:24 (Reply to:stanward)
      Thanks, let me ask, I tried to do the autoscan with a 09 Malibu this afternoon, maybe a different message ( cant remember exactly what it said ) but same result, cant comunicate or cant recognize the vehicle, dont know what I did but after pressing enough buttons it did recognize what type of vehicle it was and I was able to do some things.

So heres the question. basically at this point Ive turned on the thing, used it just a little bit on the nissan, thought I had shut it off, didnt and ran the battery down to nothing ( didnt read the proper shut down AKA hold the button and wait for it to ask me to confirm shutdown ) charged it and then used it this afternoon on the malibu to clear some codes.

Was I supposed to do something that maybe Im missing. I am using some sort of wireless adapter.

Sorry if my questions seem dumb at times, I am a bodyman who is trying to also do some mechanical work to keep my business going.

Also phone support, what is that, who do I call? What number and what are their hours, is that my only alternative other than this forum when I have a problem with the machine?

Not trying to sound negative, I am only trying to understand what options I have to learn how to use this thing to my best advantage in my business. Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    stanward

2017-06-21 16:43:34 (Reply to:1930)

Just curious if you updated both the tablet and the VCI to the latest software/firmware?

Yes, you need to exit the application prior to unplugging the VCI from the DLC. Autel does warn about damaging the VCI or the vehicle's computer by just unplugging the VCI without a proper shutdown.

I was frustrated myself when I first used the Maxisys (I own a Maxisys Mini), as I was used to using their other Maxidiag MD802. I spent about half hour just looking at the different menus, etc. on my 2005 Nissan Frontier to get comfortable with it, of course, after watching as many videos as I could on YouTube (there are a few, not many).

Till this day, even after fiddling with it, I still go on YouTube and watch any Maxisys videos that people put up there, because it's typically a different make/model than what I worked on before, I just want to know what menus are available.

Hope this helps, if not, keep asking your questions,

Total1 Pages