Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Cranckshaft case realearn fails on Maxis...
Cranckshaft case realearn fails on Maxisys906

2310 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-28 04:02:27

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    eihabt
    2017-07-26 19:16:55
     Greetings,
    My friend has a 06 trailblazer that needs cranckshaft case relearn. I hooked up my Maxisys906 and followed the instructions carefully. When I reached the "Start the engine" step, the scanner disconnected itself and gave the message that it couldn't communicate with the ECM. I used to have the same error with the cheap Tech ll. It used to reset itself. The Maxisys doesn't reset, but it loses communications with the ECM unit instead and the case relearn fails no matter how I try. I used the lighter power cable but didn't work either. Can anyone help me solve the problem? I feel cheated with the quality of the autel I bought.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-07-26 21:29:31 (Reply to:eihabt)

I thought you were supposed to start the vehicle, leave it run until it reaches operating temperature the do the crank variation relearn. In other words, it's done with the car running. No need to start it if it's already running.

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2017-07-28 03:17:10 (Reply to:eihabt)

it sounds like you're trying to to a crankshaft relearn. if that's so then: first you set the parking brake and warm up the vehicle to 160degrees then, with the engine off and key in the run position, bring up  the function in the scanner to preform the crankshaft varation relearn. follow the on screen instructions to a tee!!! shouldn't have any problems, pay attention to having the foot on brake when told to and when not. just do what the screen tells you to do; nothing more, nothing less...

bill

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-07-28 04:02:27 (Reply to:eihabt)

there is a new update to correct that issue,just released today. 
  Total1 Pages