Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > $7E8 and $7E9 2006 Dodge Durango
$7E8 and $7E9 2006 Dodge Durango

2666 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-29 14:01:46

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    CB14
    2017-09-24 21:31:52
     This should be easy but interwebs search shows not so simple.   Bought the Autel AutoLink AL319 after making certain 2006 Dodge Durango is shown as 'covered' - to use Autel's terminology.   

First tried it on a 2012 Honda Pilot that has never had a code.  As expected, it showed no codes stored and I was impressed with ease of use and functionality.

Then put it on the 2006 Durango which is showing check engine light, and we know it's a lifter oil pressure issue with the Cylinder management system- when it goes from 8 cyl. use to 4 to save on fuel.  Reader did show 1 code, ok so far so good.  Go to 'read code' option and it gives the $7E8 and $7E9 message.  When those are selected it does not go any further, telling us 'no codes' .    Do we need to do something to get into a sub menu?   This complaint is repeated all over the internet for various cars and readers, but again, this reader promises to support this vehicle we use it on, so ....what gives?  Are we not using the reader exactly correctly?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    CB14
    2017-09-26 21:45:46 (Reply to:CB14)
     Well I am just overwhelmed at the response I have gotten to this very-simple-to-address question.  i.e. zero.....

So much so I will be returning the unit and trying one from a different company, thanks Autel for the inconvenience.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-09-29 14:01:46 (Reply to:CB14)

Not sure , I Have a Harbor freight equivalent of the MS906 and I think all you can do is view live Data or view Freeze Frame data for the specific code that is stored. I don't believe you can access and view live misfire data or freeze frame Mode 6 misfire data in Freeze Frame data for a code that is not a specific missfire P030x code.
  Total1 Pages