Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Has anyone scanned an antenna control mo...
Has anyone scanned an antenna control module for 2003 Cadillac CTS?

2036 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-02 11:41:15

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    hoggwild
    2017-10-01 22:11:31
     I am using a maxisys elite but cannot scan the antenna control module.  They are not manufactured anymore so I am using junkyard parts.  I have a lot of communication errors on the class two serial data buss.  U1300 on the ECM and U1000 on most of the rest.  The only one that never fails is the rear integration module.  I have checked continuity of the serial data buss, power supplies and ground.   The data bus is not shorted, pulses are visible on the scope.  I have pulled out the complete interior and checked for corrosion.  The sunroof has been leaking for a while.  I found some corrosion, removed the splice packs and soldered the wires together.  The ECM was defective when the car was towed in.  The anti theft module was also defective and replaced.  The ground for the dash integration module was at 175mv with respect to ground so I repaired it and now it's at 65 mv when compared to the ground post on the battery.  All the other controllers are around the same value.  I even tried an auxiliary ground on the ECM.  The car will start but the ignition key is locked and you cannot shift out of park.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Tomorrow I am going to try to get another antenna module from the local salvage yard.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Electrohandyman

2017-10-02 11:41:15 (Reply to:hoggwild)

As far as the shifting issue, have you checked the brake lighting circuit.
    I have read that the switch on the brake pedal has a high failure rate and will prevent the shifter locking solenoid from unlocking the shifter. (if the system cannot 'detect' that the brake lights are on-- it won't let you shift)
    Another failure can be the actual solenoid at the shifter.(or blown fuse)
    If the key cannot be removed after the car is turned off, there should also be a switch on the shifter mechanism that unlocks the key assy.
    It sounds like you may have electrical issues in/around the shifter.........

Either way, there should be manual releases for both. Under the boot of the shifter should be a manual release button. Same at the steering column, may be under a small cover under the switch assy, to release the key.

If you haven't looked yet, you might check the Cadillac CTS forums......
  Total1 Pages