Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > computer on 2011 300
computer on 2011 300

2523 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-13 21:48:06

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2017-10-05 20:17:30
     trying to swap a computer out on a 2011 chrysler 300.  can write vin to new computer,  but don't know how to transfer secret pin..  i have the secret pin that i recieved from my local chrysler dealership,  just need to write it in the pcm..

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-10-05 22:47:57 (Reply to:)

I swap a lot used ECM's not new ones on older Chrysler's and never need the PIN. Is a used computer or new?
    Powertrain Control Module Initialization:
    When the PIN number is not available from the vehicle owner or a Chrysler Group Scan Tool(s) is not available this can be accomplished by writing the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) into the PCM using an after-market scan tool with a "VIN Write Function".

This is an example without disconnecting anything except the battery once to swap the PCM. The vehicle have transponder Key:  http://tinyurl.com/hme3fa2

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2017-10-06 00:35:46 (Reply to:SmogTech87)
     must be older than an 01,  cause anything with a chip in the key has a 4 digit pin.  usually go into wcm and do a pcm replacement, but no pcm replacemennt in software for 2011 300.... 

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2017-10-06 01:12:01 (Reply to:)

Nope with transponder.
    Can you try the following that works on older Chrysler's early's 2000 with transponder keys:
    Disconnect the battery then  disconnect the ABS and WCM modules. Remove the old computer then install the used computer Connect the battery and write the VIN number on the new used computer when finish turn the ignition off, disconnect the battery and reconnect both ABS and WCM modules. Connect the battery, delete any codes try to start the engine.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2017-10-06 02:39:13 (Reply to:)

Pretty sure your correct it's done through WCM at least for sure keys are done there with secret pin. Haven't replaced PCM yet but kinda remember PCM replacement along with key functions in WI-tech. Did you check if short term subscription with tech authority will allow PCM replacement through J-box if it isn't in your software. Autel has gotten cold feet about security functions since their lawsuit that's why I stopped updating in 2016.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-10-13 21:48:06 (Reply to:)

If you get a computer from the junkyard just install it. Turn the key on, do not try and start yet, connect your Autel tablet. Go into the engine computer under special functions and select VIN check, when the VIN is displayed it will be the wrong VIN. Simply enter the correct VIN and the tablet will write the VIN to the used module.
     Now, I always shut the key off before I try and start the car. Then the car should start. You SHOULD check the calibration and if it's not the right one, update it via the Jbox and techauthority.
     There is no need for a PIN number if your installing a used computer. If you install a new computer I had to program the VIN through the wireless module. I never tried programing the VIN in a new computer using the engine computer's VIN write function without a PIN but I bet it would work.
     If your putting a used PCM in you should have it running in 5 minutes!
     Let us know how it works for you.
    Kevin
  Total1 Pages