Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2000 Escalade Cam Retard Using DS708
2000 Escalade Cam Retard Using DS708

2334 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-11-27 04:22:56

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    radioman418
    2017-11-27 02:32:09
    Customer replaced dist due to bad gear. CEL came on showing P1345 after replacement. I am attempting to read and adjust the cam retard. It should be at 0 deg +/- 2 degrees. Watching the data stream, it does not appear that the data is updating. Always shows 0 degrees. Even when raising rpm to over 1200. Still 0 deg. If it was actually 0 deg, the CEL wouldn't have came on with P1345. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that they missed it by 1 tooth and it still runs fine? Any help would be appreciated.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-11-27 03:24:22 (Reply to:radioman418)

I would statically time the engine at TDC on Cylinder #1,and recheck the proper installation of the synchronizer , but you can try this link a nd go over a few checks listed.
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t3815_ds719704

I don't know why that after I am signed in, that  navigation and entering anything is so slow and  unresponsive. Is Autel trying to intentionally discourage folk from using this user  forum ?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    radioman418
    2017-11-27 04:22:56 (Reply to:witsend)
    Thanks for the fast response. The customer could not leave the vehicle this eve, but I warned him that I would likely have to start over from scratch. (Like you said.) The link was also helpful, and I'll be checking those things too.  I also suspect that the Crank Position Sensor could be at fault, due to it having oil in the connector. I'm thinking that it has to communicate with the Cam sensor to arrive at the retard offset setting. It's just weird that it would show up at the same time as the dist exchange. Thanks again, and if it does not communicate after all is done, I will respond to the post again.
  Total1 Pages