Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > AL539B still faulty after FW update
AL539B still faulty after FW update

1876 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-12-27 12:22:47

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    digitaltrucker
    2017-12-23 03:18:08

Downloaded the latest software for this device and you would think they would have fixed the battery CCA issue: device always reads more CCA's than the actual CCA's of the battery!

FIX IT AUTEL OUR DEVICES ARE USELESS!

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2017-12-23 12:33:39 (Reply to:digitaltrucker)

Yes, still not fully reliable. I tried it with my car (Infiniti G20) battery of 660 CCA, and it actually measured lower; but when I tested it on my other car (Infiniti  M45) battery with 720 CCA it measured far above. Both batteries are 75amps.

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    digitaltrucker
    2017-12-23 14:43:43 (Reply to:Costee)
     Mine consistently reads higher and has done so for some time now.  When I contacted Autel,they wanted me to send it to China, on my dime, which is very expensive.  I declined.  SO anywhere I can, I warn folks not to buy Autel products, especially from non-official USA resellers.

USA Autel does not stock, sell or service this model.

I offered to return to seller out of California and have him return, but he said no.  A friend also bought this model on my initial recommendation, he was able to dump his!  

There are older posts under this section on this also, from us.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2017-12-26 18:50:21 (Reply to:digitaltrucker)

AL539B is a fine tool actually, its shortcomings on battery readings is certainly embarrassing.

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    digitaltrucker
    2017-12-27 12:22:47 (Reply to:Costee)
     How can you say that, since the MAIN function you buy this for, DOES NOT WORK?  Folks need to stay away from the ebay seller, selling these units not made for the US market, from California.  Seller would never respond to requests for assistance, once he did unit was out of warranty.

It is very expensive to return to Japan and those folks will not work with you: send replacement to California and let you return there.  There were others that reported the multimeter section to be off in readings also.

Bottom line for US folks is to check with Autel USA before buying any of these units to ensure you have a warranty.  Or symply buy another brand!

These devices are much like this website, poorly designed and slow to operate.
  Total1 Pages