Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Maxi Sys Pro Need to select System Scan...
Maxi Sys Pro Need to select System Scan to work on 2009 Nissan Murano

1599 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-12-16 01:03:30

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2018-08-03 23:21:34

Nissan Software version 5.73 failed me in the first two selections on a 2009 Nissan Murano (USA ), Automatic Select and Manual Selection  but it did work and it scanned 10 modules successfully  when I selected "System Selection"
      Actually had to first select Nissan from the Menu, and then Auto Id the VIN , confirm it ,then it gave me the  3 choices Automatic Select, Manual Selection , and "System Selection". Returning to diagnosis  from vehicle history and selecting  auto scan  it will fail again  to communicate with the modules properly. Need to start fresh from Nissan button , then auto ID, confirm VIN and select "System Selection "

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-12-16 01:03:30 (Reply to:witsend)
     I had a2009 Nissan Murano 2 days ago I auto IDed and it showed 2 boxes and each box showed 2009 Murano. I clicked on it and then selected autoscan and it only communicated with 2 modules, Airbag and IPDM E/R. The IPDM E/R had a past U1000 code for CAN COMM circuit, so I thought the CAN computer data bus was faulty and was why I couldn't communicate with the rest of the modules, I didn't have one of those 16 pin  DLC Line SPI break out box to see if the CAN circuit was functional ( led blinking )or not, so I got the computer data wire diagram and tested the fuses and grounds for circuit which were fine. I seemed to vaguely remember a communication  issue with this Nissan before, and looked up this post I made about it over a year ago when I had my MaxiSys Pro running Nissan version 5.73. I have a Maxi SYS Elite now with current up to date Nissan software. I selected "System selection" and  then it was able to communicate with 10 modules. I pretty much wasted an hour of my time chasing after a problem that really didn't exist. 
  Total1 Pages