Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Bought used MD808 pro for 2008 Sprinter ...
Bought used MD808 pro for 2008 Sprinter 2500 .. Cannot register should i keep?

1355 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2018-10-28 14:35:40

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    john_ooten
    2018-10-27 19:55:33
     Hello i recently bought a MD808pro used via Ebay to see what codes my 2008 sprinter 2500 had via the ALWAYS on check engine light and i have many but wanted to make sure my software was up to date (sys. software verison v1.07 ... hardware version v1.00) I created an acct followed the steps an turns out system already been registered so i could go NO further in finding out anything! so i sent off an email to support explaining i bought the unit used via ebay and ask how i could go about transferring the serial so i could get software updates and what not. While waiting on a reply i downloaded Maxi PC suite via a 3rd party download site since i could not get Autel site to do anything since no reg serial .. and once i opened the PC suite it immediately ask for serial and also would not allow me to do anything without a reg serial. I got my reply for Autel it stated ;

The serial number provided does not come up in our Autel US System. This tool was probably originally purchased from a vendor selling overseas tools. The software on these tools may not be 100% compatible with vehicles sold in the US. Support is limited and warranty is voided through Autel US. You will need to contact the vendor for any issues regarding this unit. Since I am unable to find the serial number in the Autel US system, I am unable to help with account transfers. Please speak with the Ebay seller for additional help. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

After a few more emails back and fourth emails  I was astounded that i have a Autel product in hand (regardless of where i bought it) and cannot get any support from the Autel website/contact support so if this was ordered online from a US seller who ordered the product from EU supplier the US autel website which i get by going to the only/main  www.autel.com address which is stated on the back of my tool to go to if i need support, i get no support. I asked for there EU/LAT division contact info, I got nothing his suggestion was i return the unit and buy one from them to get support! 

SO.. i am a complete noob to Diagnostic/scanner tools my question to you the community that has the knowledge of using these tools how important is it for me to be able to update software on this tool?  I have used it to scan my Sprinter and i worked fine
    (I think?) is it only going to affect me from being able to scan vehicles made after the manufacture date of my tool which is 3/10/18? Will it do all it is supposed to do to my 2008 sprinter without needing a software update?

I guess that would make up my mind rather i want to return it and buy another.

Thank you very much in advance,
    John O.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2018-10-28 14:35:40 (Reply to:john_ooten)

Go to settings , Go to About (you might have to pull page up on the left side of to see About) After clicking About, the screen will then display the serial number and register password you may need to get any where with the limited support available from Autel in China.
  Total1 Pages