Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Programable module installation
Programable module installation

1390 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2019-08-17 12:24:23

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2019-08-09 22:14:48
    Anyone know if the programable module installation will work with used modules? The vehicle is a 2010 Ford F-150 and I'm wondering if I download the information out of the old ABS module, could I then load the info in to a new used module (if that makes any sense).
    I'm sure it works with a new or reman ABS module. If the module installation does not work with used modules, I guess I will have to barrow an IDS.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2019-08-13 20:25:48 (Reply to:Kevin H)
    Well the customer brought the Explorer in, the programable module installation did not
    work. It downloaded the old info out of the old module but did not or failed to transfer
    the data to the new-used module. It did give me the option of using as built data to
    input the info manually but that is a pain in the butt. I ended up using the IDS and the
    programable module installation function in the IDS worked fine.
    So I don't know if the IM608 has a bug in the module installation function or if the IDS
    downloaded the as built data even though I used the programable module installation
    function.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-08-17 07:51:19 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hi Kevin,

Did you send them the log files so, they can have a look where the bug is...............?

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2019-08-17 12:24:23 (Reply to:Ashraf)
    Hi Ashraf, the IM608 does not have that feature like the 908P. I should have tried the
    908P but I didn't think of it at the time. The 608 is different in a few other ways too, one
    is that you are not forced to enter a work order number. The good thing is that the 608
    has twice the memory that the 908 has.
    I'll check around in the support menu in the 608 and see what all is included there.
  Total1 Pages