Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2018 Chrysler ram . I have cable for sec...
2018 Chrysler ram . I have cable for security used it on several other 18 rams, updated last week says configuration error. updates expired today. what do I need to do

1164 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2019-09-29 17:19:15

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    garycooper
    2019-09-01 21:23:58
    2018 ram ipurchased the 18 2 cable for security bypass used it on several other 18 rams, updated last week says configuration error. updates expired today. what do I need to do

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2019-09-02 05:01:45 (Reply to:garycooper)

Renew the subscription . Otherwise the scanner can't communicate to the servers. The scanner must have internet connection always when initializing communication with the vehicle.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-03 03:08:15 (Reply to:garycooper)

At least for the ones you already scanned before, if all the data was saved to History , then find the VIN in History and initiate a scan from the saved VIN in history, and maybe the security code that was downloaded before from Autel's server had been saved .

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-29 17:19:15 (Reply to:witsend)

I guess recently Snappy had worked something out with Fiat Chrysler where with the coming 19.4 update , WIFI connection, $50 (or more?) to register to AutoAuth  you won't need to access behind dash and bypass the SGM.
     IMO, it just seems to me to be a money grubbing conspiracy between the OE and aftermarket tool makers, also an invasion of privacy to have to provide personal information, get background checked by some AutoAuth site , and violates our Right to Repair requiring folk have to pay $50 plus captively forcing us all to keep an active software subscription on our tools to be able to repair .
      Just a matter of time before the SGM won't even be able to be bypassed with an  Autel 12+8 on Chrysler Fiat vehicles. It will probably just be integrated into the ECM. 
  Total1 Pages