Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > How do I compensate for height of alignm...
How do I compensate for height of alignment rack for ADAS calibrations?

1048 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2019-10-16 23:40:19

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    Excalibrations
    2019-10-14 21:37:55
       I need to know if I have to manually add the height difference between the drive on alignment machine rack height and the floor that the ADAS frame is sitting on in the front of the rack? Do I add the height of the rack to the A/B slide measurement on the back of the calibration frame? Is there a way to input the height of the rack in the MaxiSysAdas so the figures I get out of tablet are corrected for the height difference of the floor and the rack height? 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-16 02:27:14 (Reply to:Excalibrations)

From what i have seen in the videos it's all done on level floor. Guess you have your work cut out for you measuring and fabricating platforms  to bring targets and stands to your alignment rack level if that's where it has to be done.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    OmniVersatile

2019-10-16 20:42:54 (Reply to:Excalibrations)

The very first step, asks about floor level "a" or "b" B says that the Calibration frame and vehicle are not at the same height. It will allow you to put in the height difference and automatically calculate your height measurements.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-16 23:40:19 (Reply to:OmniVersatile)

That's the calibration frame , then I think you would also be fine for the targets that mount on the wheel fixtures and calibration frame , but aren't  there other targets that lie flat at floor level  at certain distances to the sides that would still need  to be elevated to the rack level on something ? Maybe lay some  bricks or 2x4s under the fronts of a couple big ole wooden picnic Corn Hole bag toss platforms to bring em level about the height of the rack at ground level and lay the targets on top of them. Maybe a couple old Wack a Mole games placed along the sides and you wouldn't even need the targets. Ask what would Rube Goldberg do?  :-))
  Total1 Pages