Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > IM508 & Nisan Pin Code Calculator
IM508 & Nisan Pin Code Calculator

2189 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-02 03:34:08

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee
    2019-11-16 15:20:47
     I just purchased the immo tool MaxiIM IM508, and I'm surprised that it is without Nissan pin code calculator. Most other brands do have it. Or am I missing something?

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2019-11-16 16:37:05 (Reply to:Costee)

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee
    2019-11-16 20:32:19 (Reply to:promaster)
     Seems Autel is more concerned with bypassing the Nissan immo where possible. Generally not a bad idea.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-11-26 23:35:36 (Reply to:Costee)

The Nissans that I have done I had the option of manually entering the pin code or go
    online and search for the pin code. I go online and the pin code is entered
    automatically. You must have WiFi on and a current subscription of course.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2019-11-30 15:22:23

Hi just wondering in the diagnostic section of im508 can it perform ecu coding

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-05-27 14:54:24 (Reply to:Costee)

WTF, That's not good news to me. I just bought an IM508. What model and year Nissans did you try it out on? Maybe it doesn't list a stand alone option to retrieve PIN code on that make. Are you certain the IM508  won't retrieve the Nissan  PIN code as part of the process of adding an immobilizer key to a Nissan?
      The main reason I justified dropping a grand on  an IM 508 was because it is supposed to pull the PIN#s of Asian and Domestic cars and save you all the time consuming hassle involved  to obtain the PIN code I needed to enter on a Maxi Sys Elite in order to program it's key. I had to use BCM calculator app on phone and take trim off and try a bunch of numbers off modules.
      When you first got your new IM508, and first turned it on , were you at least able to test it out on a few vehicles or enter diagnostics with out connecting it to the internet and being  forced to register the unit immediately ? My Elite when new allowed for connecting up to 10 vehicles before having to actually register the device, but My new IM508 wouldn't allow me even one single access to diagnostics or try it out on anything without connecting to internet and registering the unit , so guess Turd  sit in it's  box for months unused unless I get some serious key programming that my Elite can't do without a PIN. I will be very disappointed if it tells me on Nissan to go under dash and  pull numbers off modules under dash and try entering this or or worse, a need to cut Mickey mouse ears in a module and solder jumper wires, LMAO 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-05-28 20:35:13 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi Wits,
    The last time I did a Nissan I used my 908P and it had a code calculator, an option to
    enter the code manually or go online to find the PIN. I can't believe the IM508 would be
    any different.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-05-29 13:15:03 (Reply to:Kevin H)

The IM508 immobilizer is supposed to retrieve many PIN codes that the MaxiSys platforms generally can't do . Diagnostics capability only = MK808 though.
    I wanted to be able to try IM508 new out of the box a few times without having to register and update the product immediately , but unlike my Elite that let me use up to 10 times before registering , my IM 508 won't let me in diagnostics to scan a single vehicle.
      I am trying to find out if all the new IM508 are like that , or maybe someone was real careful to keep product looking as new , used it 10 times and returned it for a refund, since the original yellow security tape appeared to have been cut before.
     The thing boots up fine and checked serial number was never registered before, so I have no reason to believe it won't work if I wait to register device later when I finally get a newer high security type key my Elite can't do. . Since I only bought the IM 508 to supplement my MS908 Elite key programming, so I don't need it for day to day diagnostics.
     Autel don't tell you is that for some vehicle key programming requires an active update subscription and internet connection to Autel server to do keys of some cars, so after your 12 month update period is over , so is the ability to do the keys of those type of cars unless you keep update current. I don't know what cars require the internet connection and whether or not I will need to use my phone as a Hot Spot for the IM508 to do it's thing if I'm working mobile.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee
    2020-05-29 19:15:07 (Reply to:witsend)
     Well, today I used the IM508 to successfully programme the key to my 2012 Nissan Murano without the need for the PIN. On VAG models with 4th and 5th immo types it seems connection to the Autel server is required to retrieve the pin. At any rate the programming process is faster that way. That was my experience with my 2006 Golf 5. There is also an automatic option that requires active subscription. So it could just be that without using the automatic option you still could programme such keys through the Autel server with an expired subscription.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-02 03:34:08 (Reply to:Costee)

First key programming prospect, I get some lady from out of state calling and waking me up at 5:00a  to tell me her Boyfriend lost the key for a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Van 45 minutes away down  on the South Side near the Riot area of Chicago. I explained I don't have or cut keys on the spot and He would have to go to the dealer with VIN , Registration, proof of ownership , and ID, and she agreed to call me later. I didn't hear back from her , so texted her if he found the key or still need my assistance . He found the key I guess , so I didn't register my IM508 yet. I powered it up and it's strange that it gives me the option a few times after boot up to ignore the message to connect to the internet. Date is correct , but time isn't. Maybe next time . LOL
  Total1 Pages