Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Problems BMW Airbag reset
Problems BMW Airbag reset

1162 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-02-14 19:38:11

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2020-02-10 23:15:29
     Hi
    Hoping someone can help. Tried to reset airbag faults on my BMW F20 2019 but failed. Should my Autel MK808TS clear my faults as I have renewed all damaged parts at great expense?
    Cheers Gary

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-02-14 09:41:23 (Reply to:)

What parts were replaced and what fault codes are you still getting.........?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-02-14 17:31:30 (Reply to:)

As a car owner with an Autel tool,  Seems to me you should be able to clear some resultant component codes caused by simply having a component connector or battery unplugged , but if the circuit related to the codes you are unable to clear the code about had experienced an actual deployment of the devices of the circuits. You probably need to first have a professional technician verify the integrity of the circuit and replace, program, and code a new MRS module correctly, or if possible send it out the one to be inspected ,tested , and Virginized of any past crash data.
       I had a 2011  328Ix with a LF belt force limiter code I was unable to clear code with MaxiSys Elite after verifying circuit good, replaced the LF pretensioner, re-flashing the ECU and even replacing it with another used ECU and reflashing that ECU. I told the lady that the pretensioners are the first things that deploy in a fender bender and chances are a junkyard car MRS module has already deployed the LF belt pretensioner of that vehicle too. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-02-14 19:38:11 (Reply to:)

As a car owner with an Autel tool,  Seems to me you should be able to clear some resultant component codes caused by simply having a component connector or battery unplugged , but if the circuit related to the codes you are unable to clear the code about had experienced an actual deployment of the devices of the circuits. You probably need to first have a professional technician verify the integrity of the circuit and replace, program, and code a new MRS module correctly, or if possible send it out the one to be inspected ,tested , and Virginized of any past crash data.
       I had a 2011  328Ix with a LF belt force limiter code I was unable to clear code with MaxiSys Elite after verifying circuit good, replaced the LF pretensioner, re-flashing the ECU and even replacing it with another used ECU and reflashing that ECU. I told the lady that the pretensioners are the first things that deploy in a fender bender and chances are a junkyard car MRS module has already deployed the LF belt pretensioner of that vehicle too. 
  Total1 Pages