Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Old Chrysler PCM's
Old Chrysler PCM's

1422 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-25 21:47:03

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2020-03-06 00:13:38
    Has anybody out here in Autel land ever found a way to clean the SKIM settings out of a used Chrysler PCM so that it can be used in another Chysler without an imobilizer?
    I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee in my shop. It has no imobilizer. I ordered a used PCM. If the used PCM came out of a jeep that had an imobilizer, it will just start and stall right away.
    The only tool that I am aware of that will clean the SKIM info from the PCM is Drew Tech's Jbox.
    I was hoping that the IM608 could do it, even if it is on the bench that would be fine. I can't find it in the IM's menu however.
    There are a few places that know but they are guarding thier little secret so they could charge people $100 to do it for them.
    Some people have no integrity.
    Kevin

Tags: SKIM

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    shanembailey

2020-08-24 01:49:38

did you ever find a fix that you can do yourself? I have the mk908p and I want to know if I can do it 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-08-24 17:04:57 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I never heard a J box would allow one to do anything like clear SKIM unless there is a program on the PC to allow you to do it through from an OE manufacturer.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2020-08-25 21:47:03 (Reply to:witsend)
    It is the most expensive Jbox on the market. It has a skim reset function. It has
    diagnostic capabilities too. I can't remember the exact model. My scan tool sales rep
    has one in his car for demo's. I had him reset the skim for me. You can reset the skim
    on the bench but I never researched how it is done.
    I just checked and that program is called the J2534 tool box from Drew tech. I may
    work with Autel's Jbox. I would download and try it. One little tip, I do remember after
    resetting the skim, you MUST disconnect the battery then hook it back up and start it.
    It will not work if you don't disconnect the battery.
  Total1 Pages