Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2018 Ford F150 BCM Replacement
2018 Ford F150 BCM Replacement

2079 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-04-09 20:00:21

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2020-03-14 08:51:55
    I have a 2018 Ford F150 5L with a bad bcm, i bought the new one from Ford, so using my IM608 I did the BCM replacement programming and keep getting the error that "the module configuration has failed"
    I have tried in the learn from old module and the manual coding modes. 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-03-17 23:23:03 (Reply to:)

Send the log file in to tech support so they could fix the problem. You most likely will
    have to enter the "as built" data to sent the module up manually or just find an IDS to
    use.

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    mike

2020-04-05 20:25:01

You probably gonna have to use the IDS software from ford with subscription because when you get a new module is blank and you have to reprograme it using ids and vcm interface you probably also gonna need as built data from the motorcraft website that's how you download the files for it, sometimes the maxisys is unable to copy the old data from the old modules, even the ids with vcm program is unable to do this however the ids just walks you through the promos and downloads the files and installs them automatically, I worked with ford for about 4 years, and sometimes this was a headache even with the OEM tools, good luck, let me know if you have another question.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-04-09 20:00:21 (Reply to:mike)

Mike, I believe that he is referring to the "programable module installation" function
    that is in the Autel tool and the IDS. If it is successfull, it copies the software calibration
    from the old module,then you install the new module and it writes the info into the new
    module. I have used it a few times. It ussually works for things like body modules and
    GEM modules. I tried it on a few PCM's and it was unseccessfull for me. I had it fail
    once for me on the rear gate module in a 2015 Lincoln . I believe that failed because
    communications with the module was intermittent.
    But the function should have worked on the body module even if it is blank.
    Kevin
  Total1 Pages