(5) points
    ASchultz
    2020-06-12 07:47:41
    Hi i acedently reset and lost car icons how to get it back and my updates

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-06-12 08:02:47 (Reply to:ASchultz)

If you did reset the toll to factory reset than there is NO Way to recover them back if you did not have any backup, the only way is to down load the software update from the Autel Server.....

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-12 14:49:45 (Reply to:ASchultz)

To be honest with you, Even if you do have a  software back up and after the update period is over, you think it is sluggish and decide to do  a Factory Reset to it and reinstalled the software from backup, the tablet by default will want you to connect it to Autel's server and you probably get an Error code1 and you won't be able to access Diagnostics again anyhow until you buy an update or have some serious Nerd that knows what they're doing to rename and or rearrange files.
       Be Aware that out of update period  Back up Software may work to cherry pick repair something a single deleted car app out of your update period, but seriously  have my doubts that you be allowed any access to Diagnostics again after a factory reset (once out of update period).
      I feel toward end of my update period if my tablet is slower than when was new after months of scattered Hodge Podge Optimize This and Optimize That Updates, things are only going to get more unstable and slower over time when  out of it's update period,(and maybe intentionally so )  so no less than 5 weeks before my update period ends, (providing Autel servers aren't down for maintenance) I think I'm going to  chance doing a Factory Reset and reinstalling the vehicle makes one at a time from largest files to smallest.
     To attempt to  keep things operating cooler during hours of software backups or extensive down loading after a Factory reset  I generally feel it may be wise to start things with a full battery charge and keep everything thing inside as cool as possible during High CPU usage. Since tablet doesn't have internal fans like a laptop, I like to take a large plastic block of Blue Ice from my freezer and wrap a heavy dry towel around it to prevent water condensate and allow breathing space and lay the tablet on top on it's back. Never checked it's WIFI connection in the Refrigerator. I could just picture the wife's face if she opened the refrigerator door with a bunch of cords running into it for a Maxi sys and a computer router /modem inside the fridge , LOL  

Total1 Pages