Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Maxi PC Suite will not recognize my Maxi...
Maxi PC Suite will not recognize my Maxilink ML629

1276 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-18 04:57:08

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    breeze76
    2020-08-15 00:41:31
     I downloaded teh software, and connected my device, but it will not recognize it..  what am I doing wrong?

Tags: problem

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Misterioso

2020-08-18 04:57:08 (Reply to:breeze76)

I had a problem with the Maxi PC Suite not being able to find my Maxilink ML629 using the supplied USB cable.  I followed the instructions, holding down the left button of the circular directional pad and putting the device into the USB communications mode, but it did not work.  

But there is a work around.  The Maxi PC Suite only needs to read the micro SD card in order to perform the DTC database updates.  

You'll need a portable USB card reader that has an micro SD card slot that you can plug into your PC USB port.  If your PC has a built-in USB port for a micro SD card, that also works.  If you don't have a micro USB port on your card reader, you can use an SD card adapter that holds a micro SD.  

Using your card read, connect the micro SD card to your PC.  The PC operating system will tell you that you just installed a new USB storage device.  Start up the Maxi PC Suite.  The program should be able to see your micro SD card immediately.  From there, you can go and perform the necessary DTC database updates.  And that's it.  

Reinsert the micro SD card to your MaxiLink ML629 and you're ready to go scan some cars.  

One additional note:  

When you registered your device on the https://www.autel.com/ website, you created a login with your email address and a unique password.  Using that same email address and password, you'll need to login successfully to this website, https://pro.auteltech.com/.  

The first time you successfully connect the Maxi PC Suite to your micro SD card, the program prompts you to connect to the DTC files at the pro.auteltech.com website.  But the Maxi PC Suite program will not accept your login ID and password unless you perform that first time login using your normal browser.  

Doing it this way makes a lot simpler than trying to connect the entire device to your PC and using the device as a big oversided SD card reader.  It's the same with a digital camera.  Who bothers connecting the entire camera to a PC with an attached USB cable to download pictures when it's easier to pull out the SD card and plug it directly into a USB card reader?  

Hope this helps.  
  Total1 Pages