Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > 2012 Nissan Altima all key lost.
2012 Nissan Altima all key lost.

1676 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2022-03-27 22:10:29

•   Level 2   
    (26) points

2020-09-19 21:21:13
    I have a 2012 Altima 2.5S with all key lost situation. I have a autel maxisys elite + jbox. Encrypted code is A6242. So pin is 0582 or 4949 (according to 2 key generators). When I go thru the procedures, it will say "The operation is incomplete..." I have followed the procedures the best I could - 13V at least. hazard switch on. AT in Park. 
    What is ignition switch or power switch: Lock? I just left it off.
    What is "Steering: not in fully locked"? My steering wheel can turn even ignition is off.
    I scanned for codes on all modules. No codes.
    I even took out the BCM to make sure the encrypted code is A6242.
    What can I do next please?

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2020-09-20 07:53:22

This process should work for you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k42baczHaM

•   Level 2   
    (26) points

2020-09-21 13:53:22 (Reply to:Costee)
     I watched that, along with many other videos many times.

When I go thru the procedures, it will say "The operation is incomplete..."

Please see last attached photo.

BTW, Autel really need to upgrade this forum. Everything is so primitive.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2020-09-23 20:02:35 (Reply to:)

I think you are right. It seems the tool is expecting to release a steering lock, hence it's insisting that the ignition must be off to start the programming process. But there is no steering lock in this model. I once experienced this with the the IM508 on a 2012 Murano, and I had to use another tool to do the programming. Maybe you could try using the Maxima or Murano segments of the tool for the years from 2015. These ones don't have the steering lock.

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2020-09-23 22:47:40 (Reply to:Costee)

One time after several attempts to program the transponder keys on a 2010 Nissan Xterra. I was the third person trying to program the keys on that truck. Strange but the only way to program the keys was to use the default PIN code that show on the scanner. Maybe a glitch?. The first thing you do is to convert the code, in this case was not necessary. No PIN calculation was needed.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-09-24 13:42:26 (Reply to:)

I was able to generate a PIN other than the one  tool suggested entering., I finally got a working PIN by useing an App I downloaded to my phone, to generate a PIN off different 5 digit codes from off labels of 2 different module in system

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awcoding.bcmcalculator&hl=en_US

•   Level 2   
    (26) points

2020-09-28 18:52:27 (Reply to:witsend)
    OMG! 
    Launch X431 works perfectly!
    I FINALLY GOT THE KEY TO START THE ENGINE, LOCK UNLOCK DOOR, OPEN TRUNK AND PROXIMITY ENTRY WORKS!
    I can't believe a Autel Maxisys Elite does not work. What is the point of spending all this $ (and then update) and it could not even do a 8 yr old nissan altima, let alone calculating the pin??!!

I obtained the PIN from multiple sources, all gave me the same PIN (new and old years) so it is not the PIN.
    I tried manually using Murano as the vehicle, it did not work either.

Looks like Launch X431 V+ is my new favorite now.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2020-09-28 22:03:04 (Reply to:)

I think Autel is distracted and confused with so many tools with unnecessary minute variations.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Eljan

2020-10-02 16:08:41

I tried to add a smart key to a 11 FX50 and it got stuck on the same position, incomplete. I had done the same truck 6 months ago and it worked fine without asking a pin code. Waiting on autel to call me. It even erased the two keys currently registered in it and won't start.

•   Level 2   
    (37) points
    joesal

2022-03-27 22:10:29 (Reply to:Costee)

I tend to agree with you after seenig the many variations of the brand. I am almost wishing I went with a different brand of scan tool. A lot of money for a DIYer to spend and have issues. But I am still learning the tool.
  Total1 Pages