Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Ford F 150- Super Crew Key Programming
Ford F 150- Super Crew Key Programming

1350 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-01 16:59:48

•   Level 2   
    (13) points

2020-12-05 14:49:37
     Hi. The vehicle: 2001 Ford F 150- Super Crew

Trying to perform a Key Programming procedure which I,m able to access the Key delete and prog. It goes thru all the motions and when I  cycle the two keys no keys are programmed. Tried several times to no avail.

Procedure indicated by the MS908 pro

Position the key to off position
    Disconnect the j2534 from the obd2 socket
    Cycle key no.1 to Run position for 3 secs
    Cycle key no.2 to Run position for 3 secs
    Cycle key no.1 to Run position for 3 secs
    Two key should be now programmed

When I complete the cycle, the theft warning light still there and the vehicle cranks but wont start.
    Its the first time it happens to me after successfully performing many of these key programmings.

Could this be a bad PATS module? Any help is appreciated.

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2020-12-05 15:40:45 (Reply to:)

The PATS module is in the instrument cluster on this vehicle, I'm sure the module is OK, sounds like you may have replaced or disconnected the cluster. You need to do a parameter reset in the PATS module and THEN KAM (Keep Alive Memory) reset in the PCM, This will re-push the VIN back to the instrument cluster. If you check the PID VIN_STORED it will say FALSE, Once you do the KAM reset cycle a key to ON position 3 times for 10 seconds each to make sure the VIN gets pushed. After this step go back into PATS and do a delete all keys and program. Once the second key is programmed, let it sit for 30 seconds with the key off before trying to start so programming will exit and you won't confuse the module. You normally don't have these issues with the PATS in the PCM but when it's in the cluster it's more temperamental, Let us know the outcome.

Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (13) points

2020-12-05 17:01:15 (Reply to:FX4)
     Thanks FX4. I will try that and will let you know the outcome. I havent disconnected the cluster. but I did missed the KAM reset.

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2020-12-27 02:36:44 (Reply to:)

Hey, did the instructions I posted get you going?

Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-12-28 15:04:52 (Reply to:)

In very non technical Layman's terms dealing with Fords ,  just think of a Parameter Reset as a Network  B@tch Slap to get it's Sh@t together and start talking to one another. :-))

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2021-01-01 16:59:48 (Reply to:witsend)

I agree whole heartedly ! If Ford didn't have this function built in I wouldn't touch any ones but mine. Even a battery dying on you can cause issues like this. I seen one where a key would start a car one time and the next time it said it wasn't programmed to the car, Weird stuff ! After I replaced my battery I had an excessive voltage error in the 4WD module. They can be crazy ! Thanks for the follow up !

Total1 Pages